Chapter 12

S I D H A R T H

SHEHNAAZ:

If it was a guy you would?

SIDHARTH:

Good Night. I'll speak to you later , have to binge watch.

SHEHNAAZ:
Alright! Good Night :)

When she asked me if it was a guy,  why did I go blank for literally 2 minutes. otherwise,all the other times I have my one liners ready but , here I was just speechless.

Anyways, why am I giving it this much thought. I think I'll just go play Among Us with my friends.

That day I went to sleep after playing with my friends. Suddenly, I received a text. Relax!It's not Shehnaaz always. It's my friend Abhinav.

Abhinav and I were school mates. We have known each other ever since, we were toddlers. He was the only person to whom I could voice out my feelings to apart from Shehnaaz.

He texted me to quickly join the Skype call . Abhinav lives in Banglore now. He shifted there 2 years ago since, his dad got a job transfer.

"Hey bro, what's up" he said with a wide smile on his face.

"You tell me. Just finished playing Among us with a few guy friends in college " I told him.

"Woah. So you've made new friends already?" he asked raising his brows at me.

"Umm..not friends to be honest, at present you can call them acquaintances " I said.

"Exactly. What I thought. Although, you close  friendship with Shehnaaz was a shocker to me and I thought you aren't the same Sidharth but, thank god you're still the same"

"I was always the same."  I said proudly.

"You know Riva and I have video calls everyday. Today suddenly, her dad entered and peeped in her laptop wondering who it was, I was so scared" said Abhinav with almost giving the same expression , he must have given when he was on the call with her.

"So what , you should have greeted him" I said casually.

"Oh really? Would you have done that if you were in the same situation " he asked.

"If I were?" I smirked. "Shehnaaz and I have video calls so frequently and a lot of times her dad or mom walk in and I always say a hello to them "

"Bro Shehnaaz is your best friend. Riva is my girl friend " he said.

"Where does uncle know about it " I laughed making him laugh.

Abhinav and I talked probably for an hour more. Suddenly , he asked me a question which didn't let me sleep almost the entire night.

"Sid, Do you like Shehnaaz?" he asked.

"What? No. She's my bestfriend. " I said.

"So, Riva and I were best friends for first two years too. Then , developed feelings for each other" he said.

"But, what made you think I like Shehnaaz?" I asked curiously.

"You mention her to me even more than I mention Riva to you. The only person you are close to and share your heart out to is her. With her almost round the clock. Well, that's easy for me to guess it" he smirked.

Wait no. Ofcourse I can't like her. She's my best friend. I have been helping her to move on from her ex-boyfriend. I have been helping her out to find her new crush. How is it possible that I myself have feelings for her.

"Aye please that's not possible " I said refusing every possibility my feelings for her.

"Sidharth, trust me I've been through this phase. I'll explain it to you. Alright?" He said like a instructor.

"Okay so the we will begin from the begin.
Stage 1 : The Beginning. 
It starts out very casual. You probably met through mutual friends, so you say hello when you see each other. Then when you all go out, you’ll meet up and hang out. Soon, he’s your best friend on Snapchat, liking all your Instagrams, and posting weird videos and memes on your Facebook wall. Just exchanging smiles when you'll meet around by coincidence. " he said expecting me to understand.

"Abhinav, Relax ha. I'm listening to you carefully. You haven't become a teacher for real " I laughed.

"Bro, listen to me carefully " he said as he fixed his spectacles on his nose.

Actually Just Friends. They’ve now become a regular in your life. You’re texting each other all the time, go on lunch dates, and hang out when you’re sober. You’re really getting to know each other. The two of you are sharing secrets and inside jokes. You can stay up all night talking and not even realize how much time has passed. You’ve basically finally found someone that gets you.

 Outside Questions The two of you spend a lot of time together. And when you’re not together, you’re still in constant contact. Suddenly, all of your stories begin with his name. Your other friends ask what’s going on, and you laugh and say, “we’re just friends!??? And you really believe that. And then people start to talk.

"Abhinav , which google site are your referring to ?" I asked.

"Fuck. How did you know? Damn"  he sighed.

"Shut up! Now cut the call. I'll have to sleep. I've college in the morning " I said as I kept my laptop aside and slept on my bed with one hand under my head.

"What if whatever he said was true?" I thought to myself.

[ A u t h o r ' s  n o t e ]

Hi Guys. I hope you all are doing fine.

I hope you all like the new update :)

Don't forget to vote for the update and comment below , about how you liked the chapter. Your comments always manage to bring a smile to my face and motivate me to write more and more everyday. 

See you'll with the next chapter.

Lots of love
Diya