Standing There Looking Pretty

Start from the beginning

I shook my head, "Whatever. Let's get this over with so I can go home."

I opened up the door when Dream quickly said, "George wait, you have something right there." He pointed at his cheek.

"What is it?" I rubbed at my own cheek and felt nothing there.

"No other one—no right— here, I'll get it. Let me get a closer look." He leaned in and rubbed my cheek with his thumb. I tried suppressing my beating heart as he did so. "Almost got it." He pecked my cheek and opened his side door. "Got it! Let's go!"

My entire body shivered, and it wasn't from the outside breeze blowing into the car. I slammed the door shut as I left and gazed down at my shoes. I could still feel the ghost of his kiss, and it burnt my cheeks red. He jogged up to the porch and waited for me as I slugged my way over. Once I stood by his side, he rang the doorbell.

I could hear utter chaos through the walls. High pitched screams and wails that only got louder as his mother opened the door. The moment she saw Dream, her entire face lit up.

"Dream! You didn't tell us you were coming over," She said with a warm smile.

"I wasn't really planning on it. It was more a spur of the moment thing," He replied shyly. He looked inside. "What is happening in there?"

"Your brother and sister are at it again. Thank you for coming over. Hopefully you can quiet them down."

"Yeah. I actually need to talk to you and dad about something."

"Oh." She was worried. I could just tel. Her eyes widened slightly and her smile strained. "Come in then. Hi George."

"Hi," I said, not quite making eye contact.

Right in the middle of the living room, two teenagers were wrestling, and it looked like the girl was winning.

"Guys, settle down," Dream said. They both fumbled and turned around, and they both said his name at the same time.

They looked around the same age— maybe a year or two apart. One was a boy who dressed exactly like Dream— a shirt and basketball shorts. He had short brunet hair and dark eyes. The other was a girl in a red oversized hoodie and sweatpants. She tightened her dirty blonde ponytail and ran up to her older brother to give him a tight hug.

"I haven't seen you in forever. I thought you died," She remarked, and Dream let out a shaky laugh.

"No, but I'm sure you'd like that."

"I would. That way I could have your computer." Dream peeled her off of him and looked to me as if he had a gun to his head.

What did he possibly want me to do? I had never even met his siblings before. "Where's your dad?" I asked.

His sister turned to me. "Who are you?"

"That's—uh—That's George," Dream said, scratching the back of his neck. She gasped with a grin, and pointed right at me.

"That's George?"

"How do you not know?" I couldn't help but ask. "I play with him every day."

"She doesn't watch my videos," Dream said. "Or yours, or Sapnap's. She prefers Techno and Tommy."

"Oh."

She gave me a knowing look despite not knowing who I was only seconds prior. "You look just like I thought you would."

"What does that mean?"

"Where's dad?" Dream cut in as she opened her mouth to speak.

She gazed up at him and laughed. "In the kitchen with mom."