7// The Ritual Begins

Start from the beginning

"Ishita beta you are looking so ethereal." Archana Auntie comments while caressing my cheeks with her palms. I smile and take her blessing by touching her feet.

"Ishita someone is very eager to meet you as he didn't get to come with us the last time when we came to your house. Here, meet your brother-in-law and our younger son Lakshya." Sachin uncle says while pointing at a guy who has a soft smile on his face. He has a gentle vibe around him so his presence doesn't make me feel uncomfortable.

"It's nice to meet you." I say to him.

"Same here Bhabhi. Umm, you don't mind me calling you bhabhi, right?" He asks shyly.

"Not at all, but I think you're older than me so I don't think I can call you by your name." He laughs hearing my reply so do others around us.

"You can call him whatever you want dear. I am pretty sure he will like it." Archana Auntie says in which Lakshya nods his head in answer.

"Then I will call you bhaiya as you are kind of my Gautam Bhaiya's age." I answer.

"That's work for me. I don't have any sister so I will be glad to have a younger sister like you." He replies with a wink making me chuckle.

"But where is Rudra Sachin Ji? We haven't seen him since we came here." Kaka asks.

"He is talking to his friend over there, wait I will call him." Sachin uncle replies but he doesn't need to ask for Mr. Bajaj because he is already walking towards us.

 Bajaj because he is already walking towards us

"He is looking so damn handsome Ishu." Kuhu whispers in my ears earning a shove from me.

I have to admit that he is looking different than the other times I have seen him, maybe because he is wearing a sherwani not his suit. He stops in front of us before greeting my family. Then turn toward me and smiles at me but doesn't say anything. I know I have accepted his offer of friendship but I am still not very comfortable to talk to him freely. He is a very intimidating man with sharp features. He hasn't done anything to scare me but somehow his presence is still something I am not very used to.

Archana Auntie takes my hand and Mr. Bajaj's hands before taking us to the beautifully decorated stage. She orders us to sit down because the guests want to meet us.

 She orders us to sit down because the guests want to meet us