30// Caring Family

"No, you have to finish it

"No, you have to finish it." Kuhu insists making me pout at her but she doesn't budge from her decision. I grumble under my breath yet open my mouth so that she can feed me the corn soup.

"What are you both arguing about?" Maa asks walking inside the room holding some folded clothes in her hands.

"Your precious daughter-in-law doesn't want to finish the soup so I have to scold her." Kuhu replies making Maa looks at me sternly.

"That's not nice, Ishita. You have to eat three full meals a day to get better. Also, you take so many medicines that if you don't eat enough food then the medicines won't work." Maa says sitting beside me.

"Then let me go out of this room." I whine which I know is childish but you gotta do everything to leave the room where you are stuck for more than two weeks.

The doctor has told me to take bed rest as much as I can but my family thinks that I should be in bed all the time. At first, it felt good to be pampered but now it's getting on my nerves. I am not saying that they are doing anything wrong because I can't be more blessed to have them with me, yet I want to go out of this room and walk freely. Surprisingly, I have gotten only a few scratches on my feet despite jumping from so high which is good or someone had to carry me around till I get better. On the other hand, I have a cast on my left hand which I have to keep for one more week.

Everyone is taking care of me like I am some fragile thing which can break easily, especially the elders of the family. Maa, Dad and Papa literally fight with each others when it comes to feeding me so now Kuhu or Rudra are the only one who is allowed to feed me. Not that I can't eat on my own but yeah I can't complain though.

Gautam Bhaiya and Roshni Bhabhi have gone back to Delhi as Janki Phui's health is not well after learning about Kunal. She is in bed since my accident so Mithila Kaki has to look after the household work alone and that's why Papa has asked Bhaiya, Bhabhi to go back to Delhi. I am really sad hearing about my Phui's health and at first blamed myself but then Rudra made me understand that I shouldn't blame myself for every little thing. Because Kunal is the reason why both Phui and I have to suffer.

Speaking of that man, Rudra has told me that there will be court hearing against Kunal in two months where I need to be present. I freaked out because I never wanted to face that man again in my life because just looking at him, all those horrible memories comes back in front of my eyes. However, Rudra has promised to be with me all the time and wants me to see the monster get punished by my own eyes. I don't know if I will be able to fulfill my husband's wish but I want to try because only that way I will be able to overcome my fears which has been curved deep inside my heart.

"What are you thinking so hard, beta?" Maa's voice pulls me out of my thoughts making me look at her to see that both her and Kuhu is looking at me with worry.

"Nothing particular." I reply giving them a big smile but Kuhu glares at me.

"You know well that you can't speak lie so why try? Now, spit it out the exact thing that is going through that brain of your." Kuhu remarks sassily. I heave a long sigh because there is no way that I can hide anything from my overly smart best friend.