☆valentine☆

WILL'S POV:

"May I use the bathroom?" I asked my teacher.

"Sure, but the bell is about to ring, so you have to bring all of your belongings with you."

I nodded my head and scooped all of my things up. I dashed out of the classroom and into the hallway. Ok, here goes nothing. I slid the pink envelope with hearts I drew all over it through the vents into Mike's locker and scrambled down the hallway.

RINGGGG! Everyone flooded the tiny hallway imedently. I was already at the very end (of the hallway), so I peaked out from behind the wall. Mike didn't go to his locker. A worried expression plastered his normally calm face. He walked into the bathroom, and quickly came out. Was he looking for me? I scanned the hallway and noticed that a lot of boys and girls opened their lockers to roses and love letters. I had none of those. Today was Valentine's Day after all, but clearly, no one (Mike in specific) would want to ask me out or send me a love letter.

"Will! There you are!" Mike laughed, showing his charming smile off.

"Oh.. Hi Mike." I stuttered. I was shaking from pure fear... He was eventually going to see my letter. Oh my God.

"I have to get my math textbook for my next class, do you want to walk with me?" He questioned.

"I... Um... I... Well you see-"

"Well? Yes or no?"

"Umm yes?" NOO WHY DID I SAY THAT?!

Mike rushed to his locker, and opened it. I closed my eyes and started to have a panic attack. To Mike and I's suprise, many valentines came crashing out onto the floor. Mike looked shocked and started to chuckle.

My face dropped at this sight. He was never going to read my letter. Now that I know that practically every girl has a crush on him, I have no chance at all. I mean, he has gotten really popular ever since high school started. Sometimes I wonder why he even hangs out with a freak like me. Mike grabbed all the love letters and shoved them into his backpack. Girls started to crowd around him.

"Hey... Did you read my note yet?" Heather asked (the most popular girl in school). Mike's face turned red and he couldn't make eye contact with her. I knew it. He doesn't like me...

"No not yet." He laughed awkwardly, and continued to shove the letters in his backpack. He finally finished. He grabbed his textbook and made a run for it, leaving me, and the group of girls in the dust. I... I can't believe this.

                              ✩✩✩

MIKE'S POV:

Wow. That was a TON of letters. It makes me upset to think that all of the letters are from girls who only half know me, and... that... not even one is from... Never mind. I've been so confused about these things lately. I know I like girls, and I... I think I like boys too. (Specifically Will). I know he would never write me a letter. He just see us as two good friends. I wish we could be more than friends to be honest. I like him. A lot.

School was hard today because Heather was bothing me the whole day. She kept asking if I read her letter. Right now, I'm sitting on my bed, with all the letters spread out. I'm afriad to open them because I know I don't like any of these girls. None of them. Maybe I could get a good laugh out of reading them? I picked one that was covered in glitter glue and opened it.

Hey Mike. I like you a lot. You're super cute. Wanna go out some time?

Love,
Maya♡︎♡︎♡︎

EWWWWW WHAT?! Maybe this won't be as funny as I thought. Seriously, this girl could have put in more effort than "you're cute, let's date." Well, to be fair she did have the courage to even write it, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I know I could never tell Will how I feel...

I spent the rest of the night reading the stupid love letters only because I actually had nothing to do. Plus, Heather's letter sucked. She was just like "you're hot, we'd be perfect together." I mean, come on. Sure, I like the compliment, but I hardly know her.

Finally! There's one letter left. I picked up the pink envelope with hearts doodled all over it. Aww it's actually kinda cute. I ripped the envelope open (I felt kind of bad because the hearts were now ruined) and pulled out two sheets of paper.

Dear Mike,

I've liked you for as long as I can remember. More than just a friend. You've always been there for me, and you're so sweet. Everytime I see you, I want to tell you how I feel, but I've never had the courage too. Whenever I'm with you, I know things are going to be okay because no matter what, you always find a way to make me feel better. You have compassion like no one else I've met. I love you Mike. You're the person who gives me butterflies my stomach everytime I lay eyes on you. Your smile makes me feel so happy, and I just want you to hold me close. I can't believe I'm finally telling you. It's ok if you never want to talk to me after reading this. You probably feel so awkward.

-Will Byers

On the second paper there was a beautiful drawing of flowers and hearts. I was speechless. Will... Actually likes me? Will likes me?! OH MY GOD HE LIKES ME! I started to smile so hard that my face physically started to hurt. Tears of joy rolled down my cheek. I took all the love letters (besides Will's) and threw them in the garbage. I was so beyond happy.

                              ✩✩✩

WILL'S POV:

Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. I gripped my backpack tightly as I waited for Mike to pick me up.

DING DONG!

I opened the door with a shakey hand. I was SO neverous, that I can barely explain the feeling. Mike stood there staring at the ground holding my letter in his hand. Oh no... He... He doesn't like me.

Mike looked up at me and started to kiss me. It was gentle, but the most amazing thing that had ever happened to me. He wrapped his arms around me and didn't let go. I did the exact same and prayed that this feeling would never end. He loves me.

Picture Link: https://pin.it/4uv35NF