Phil's POV: Chapter one

Start from the beginning

I’m not gay. I’m not really sure what my sexual orientation is to be honest. I’ve had girlfriends in the past but the relationships never lasted long, more or less two months. I guess you could say I identified as bisexual, but I had never really told anyone.

I cautiously walk over to the very cute slightly tanned looking boy and said “Erm, excuse me... but I have no idea where I am, erm-m... c-could you please help me? He looked up and I was immediately absorbed into his beautiful cinnamon eyes, they were gorgeous. I snapped myself out of the trace just in time to hear his reply. “Sorry but I literally have no idea where I am either to be honest.” He paused, trying to force a smile onto his face trying to not show his confused expression. I couldn’t help but smile at his failed attempt to not look weird, a skill I had also not perfected. “It’s okay, thanks anyway. Glad I’m not the only one to get lost though.” I chuckled still smiling and then proceeding to turn around to look for someone els I could ask, only to be interrupted by the cute boy speaking up and saying “Hey, this might sound weird but as we are both lost, you want to go to StarBucks get a coffee and steal their Wi-Fi to find out which direction we need to go in?”  I paused for a moment, I was seriously considering the idea of getting a coffee with the complete stranger then I realised “I don’t have any money on me...that’s kind of why I got lost in the first place.” I said quietly looking down. He then stood up grabbing his phone from the side of him and looked down at me. He was taller than I thought he would be, but he wasn’t too tall. In fact he was only about two inches taller than me.

“It’s on me.” He said smirking a bit. “Okay then.” I said grinning slightly at him awkwardly. For some reason I was strongly attracted to this boy, unlike any other I had met but even if I wasn’t, I couldn’t have said no to those gorgeous cinnamon orbs especially when they were offering to buy me a drink.

We walked, to the edge of the road and waited until the cars had stopped so we could walk to the StarBucks opposite us. He walked in front of me as we approached the door and opened it. Gesturing for me to go first he said “Ladies first.” He then cheekily smirked. I rolled my eyes at his comment but walked in front of him anyway smiling to myself after I had walked past. We found a table and sat down as we both took our jackets off awkwardly when he finally spoke up, breaking the silence. “So-oo what would you like?” he said dragging out the o’s. I pondered for a few seconds deciding what I wanted and then answered. “Erm, a Caramel Latte please.” He then nodded and stood up “I’ll be back.” he said mockingly in a terminator voice. I chuckled as he walked towards the counter.

He was cute, funny and generally well spoken from what I could tell so far. He was also very awkward, this meant nothing to me, if I’m honest I’m accentually socially inept myself and I would never judge. In fact it kind of made him cuter. How the hell did I get into this situation? I’m never this lucky. I’m not very interesting but also really weird at the same time so not many people chose to talk to me and I had become used to it. But this, this was a nice change.

After about 5 minutes he returned with the two coffees and placed one in front of me on the table on the other in front of him. Just as he was about to sit down I noticed what shirt he had on, A Muse band tee.

‘Okay so he also has an amazing taste in music’ I thought.

” I like your shirt.” I said sipping at my piping hot coffee and regretting my decision immediately when it burnt my lips and tongue.  I pulled away quickly trying not to show the pain, of which I obviously failed at. “Hot is it?” he chuckled “Oh and thanks, it’s one of my favourite bands...so yeah.” His words faded into a mumble as picked up his coffee and blew it in an attempt to help it cool down faster. “I love muse, they’re one of my favourite bands too” I said smiling and desperately not trying to screw this one up, maybe then leaving the house wouldn’t have seemed to be such a bad idea.

I turns out this boy and I have a lot in common. We both share interests in computer games, bands and love for random yet interesting facts. Even our personalities were similar other than his sarcastic speak pattern and pessimistic views, but I liked him nonetheless. We spoke for hours, enjoying each other’s company until he gained a worried expression about ten minutes before  I asked him if he was okay to which he replied “My parents are probably waiting for me... I think I should leave.” He had a sad expression now on his face and looked down at his hands and with that I asked him to give me his phone. I had learnt that his password for everything was 6111. I didn’t know how I knew that, I guess it just came up in a conversation. So I assumed that it would be his phone password as well. He gave me his phone and I entered the digits finding I was correct, and casually added my number into his phone with a little smiley face next to my name, then handing the phone back to him smiling happily. We stood up and grabbed our jackets then walked out thanking a young woman who had held the door for us. We then both just stood outside of StarBucks looking at each other awkwardly with grins on our faces. I was the one to break the silence this time by saying “So erm...text me?”  “Defiantly.” He replied smiling at me. Unfortunately we both had to head in opposite directions. We both found the opportunity to connect to the Wi-Fi and look on Google Maps whilst the other went to the toilet, in an effort to keep ourselves occupied while the other was gone.

So we gave each other short goodbyes and walked our separate ways. As I walked home I constantly found the urge to smile, but thought I may have looked slightly insane walking down the street with a huge smile on my face. So I fought against it. The Butterflies were still fluttering around my stomach. A feeling that I’d never felt before, but I kind of liked it.

Eventually I found a road that seemed familiar and then my way back home. By then the butterflies had settled and the familiar empty feeling had already rested onto my chest. I didn’t really have the energy left to walk up the stairs but I had too. Lazily and slowly I walked up them, one step at a time. Once I had gotten to my door I had to rummage through my pockets and search for my keys, when I  had found them I couldn’t even find what key it was, this took me to the point where I was feeling extremely agitated. I found the key and slotted it into the key hole and stomped into my apartment, throwing the keys onto the cabinet and taking my coat off as fast as I could then throwing it onto the back of my front room door. I stormed over onto the kitchen, I wasn’t really mad at this point, just waiting for my body to catch up with my actual emotions. I then put the kettle on, and leaned against the counter and tried to relax myself, I was tired, and I mean really tired. All I really wanted to do was sleep if I’m honest.

I took out my phone to look at the time then seeing it was only 5:39. I decided it would be better just to take small nap. So I left the kitchen forgetting about the boiling kettle and lied down on the couch fully clothed. Within seconds I had already started to flutter my eyes closed. I then fell into a soft slumber, hugging a cushion from my sofa tightly.