DOYOUNG

walking around the park in the bright sun and warmth of the afternoon helped doyoung to breath a little bit. this past week has been somewhat of a tough weak for him, all the tests that were given and the endless assignments in preparation for the exams that were coming up in a little more than a month, not to mention the worsening condition of his mom that was causing doyoung to lose more and more sleep.

he really needed a breather, and this happened to be exactly the thing he needed: taking a walk through the park and inhaling the fresh air, enjoying the warmth from the sun, and being next to yedam, seven feet apart.

yes, just like last time. the two of them were together once again, taking a walk through the park and just enjoying each other's company, not really minding the distance placed between them as they let conversations fly between them once in a while with transitory silences weaving their way through the empty space between them.

by this point, doyoung had accepted the fact that the older was scared of him for some reason, and he got used to the unestablished seven feet boundary that the two had, aware that this distance made yedam more comfortable to be around him. although the first year university student wished he could touch yedam again, like that one time at the hospital, he knew his limits, and physical contact was one of them if not initiated by the older male. at least, it was to the business management student.

"so... how are your classes going?" the second year university student asked, breaking the silence that was present between the two for about three minutes now. doyoung just let out a sigh and shook his head as a response, the action going unnoticed by the other.

he didn't want to be reminded of the tons of assignments he still has to do for his classes. all the bombardment of excessively lengthy assignments from each class made the younger's head hurt, and he just didn't want to think about the hours he might spend doing them all.

nevertheless, doyoung's answer to the masked male's question was indifferent to all the other times that people have asked. "it's going good," he said, turning towards the second year university student and showing a small smile. yedam returned the smile from behind his mask; the younger was able to tell from the eyes that turned downwards with the smile.

"that's good," the masked male replied, wanting to try and keep the conversation going, but his statement just caused the conversation to abruptly end.

neither of them were really complaining, however. the silence gave them both some time to think about things that were going through their minds. doyoung, of course, thought about yedam, who seemed to be having some kind of conflict with himself ever since the younger saw the masked male that morning to ask if they could hang out after school. the younger didn't know what yedam was thinking about, and he was curious to know what was bothering him, but decided to force the urge away as to not invade into the older's privacy.

arriving back under the same tree that the two had laid down under the last time they hung out outside of university, doyoung laid down on his back, putting his arms under his head to support it while looking at the branches of the tree that hung above him. yedam followed the same action, connecting their feet while looking up at the tree.

the silence lingered between them for some time longer, neither of them saying a word or knowing how to start up a conversation again. they just spent some time to enjoy the nice breeze that was blowing outside, letting their thoughts of the current moment run through their mind, capturing it in their memories like a picture.

doyoung had something bothering him for some time, and he has always wanted to asked the masked male about it, but continuously put it off because he didn't want to ask about something that could be very personal to the older. he previously had several moments where the opportunity to ask came about, but ended up not asking for that very reason. he didn't want to put it off any longer, so using this current opportunity that he had to relieve his curiosity, doyoung broke the silence that was starting to thicken between them.