ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

AN: Sorry it's taken me a bit to start this! Personal stuff going on in my life has left me distracted but here we are, chapter 1! I hope you guys enjoy this, I'm super excited to get a move on it.~

⚠Chapter warnings⚠

*Language 

*Slight mention of blood

[---]

[Third Person POV]

The crisp night air nips at (F/n)'s skin as she follows her friends down the dark dirt path running through the Shiverwood Forest. Their flashlights light up what's ahead of them and the (brunette, blonde, etc) haired woman pulls her jacket tighter to her as she shivers. This is a dumb idea. It's after 10 PM, the woods are a huge spread of land and dark, and a light fog surrounds them making it hard to see even 10 feet ahead.

"It should be somewhere around here, that's the big rock Eddie at work was telling me to look for," Terra comments, pointing at the boulder a few feet into the trees to their right. It's large and looks to have some moss growing on the top trailing down. Reaching a fork in the road only a few more steps further the trio stops and look both ways. (F/n) cocks her brow, and she and Sam both turn to Terra. "So... I think it's this way," Terra tells them after moments of deliberation, pointing down the right path.

Sam doesn't appear convinced, in fact she almost didn't come, but worried for her friends and given her cell phone gets the best reception out here (not to mention she had some of the equipment they'd need) she tagged along. Furrowing her brows she asks,"Are you absolutely sure?"

Terra takes a moments to think, before nodding, replying,"Yeah, that rock fits the description and placement. Look, if we go a bit further and don't see anything we get the hell out of here. Plus," without warning she brandishes 2 cans of mace and a thick pocket knife, (F/n) surprised while Sam is frozen and stunned, but (F/n) is glad the brunette came somewhat prepared as she adds,"we have stuff to use if things go awry."

(F/n) decides to ask,"You're sure those'll work on a murderer or more trying to kill us?"

"Yes... I think," Terra mumbles the last part before handing (F/n) the knife and Sam one of the cans. "All we have to do is place the cameras around the factory as well as the recorders, then leave, fast, easy job. We each have a walkie talkie and now some protection."

"This is how people die in horror movies, Ter," Sam attempts to warn while burrowing further into her coat, but alas she's ignored when Terra keeps going. (F/n) and Sam hesitate, glancing at the other, but keep following her.

(F/n) stops briefly with the sound of a branch snapping behind her and turns around abruptly, shining the flashlight in that direction and scanning the area. Nothing, not even wildlife as far as she can see. Not seeing anything thanks to the fog as well the young woman gets a bad knot in her gut about this; Going to an abandoned factory buried in the woods outside of town, it's a crazy and stupid plan. They've all heard talk of the things that go on amongst the trees of the Shiverwood Forest; people disappearing without a trace, monsters of all kinds and shapes being seen, the various abandoned buildings scattered around the vast expanse of vegetation hidden deep inside. Most just shrug it off, it's better not to think about it after all and don't go in alone or at all. Terra however became convinced there was one mysterious being inside the forgotten factory, so lost to time no one even remembers what was produced there. She was shown pictures and video footage her coworker had taken, and began delving into it.