1

Y/n's POV

"So how's work been? You always come home looking exhausted." My mom asks while scooping a serving of rice onto her plate.

"I knew what I signed up for. Exhaustion comes with the job mom." I explained.

"I know. Your father and I are so proud of everything that you have accomplished. Isn't that right honey?" She asked my dad who was too focused on his phone.

"Honey!" She raised her voice.

"Huh? Oh, yes. So proud." He looked up only for a moment.

"Don't mind him. You know he's bus-

"Busy working on the business." I cut her off. I had that speech memorized since I was 7.

"In today's breaking news, famous kpop idol charged with murder."

"Hey turn the volume up!" I focus my attention to the television.

"Sana Minatozaki, from the very popular kpop girl group TWICE was arrested at her home early this morning. Police have not given any further details."

I was so shocked I almost choked on my chicken.

Suddenly my phone rang, turning my attention away from the glowing screen. My boss was calling.

"Hello?"

"Y/n we need you in here now! Sana Minatozaki has just been arrested for murder but they are requesting a psych evaluation." I let out a sigh.

"I'm in the middle of eating dinner can it wait?" I ask.

"Can it wait? Can it wait?!" He yelled through the phone.

"This is an important case and you are our best doctor! Get over here now." He demanded before hanging up.

"Mom I have to go do psych evaluation." I explain while shoving a huge slice of watermelon into my mouth.

"Supper was great by the way!" I grab my things and rush out the door.

At the hospital

"Ok can someone fill me in?" I ask while sticking my arm into the sleeve of my white coat.

"Yes doctor." My assistant handed me my clipboard.

"Patient is Sana Minatozaki. Age 23. Female. No prior health concerns or arrests. Brought in 30 minutes ago. M urdered both her mother and father." My eyes widened. This was still so hard to believe.

As we came closer to her room I could hear blood curdling screams.

"Hello. My name is y/n and I will be performing your psych evaluation this evening!" Our voices competed over who could yell louder. She was cuffed to a hospital bed, her parents blood still smeared on her face.

"Please stop screaming! I can't help you if you act like this." She looked up at me and slowly her screams became laughs.

"Something funny?" I ask. This sudden mood change was strange. I took note of it and then focused back on the patient.

"How are you today?" She asked while looking up at me with a smile. Something about her was unsettling.

"I'm doing fine. And how are you?"

"How do you think I'm doing you stupid bitch." Did she just call me a bitch?

"Alrighty then. Would you like to tell me why you think we have brought you here today?" I begin the routine questions.