Take 5 (Wrong Moves)

As days pass by, Tina tries to act and speak like her mother with Toby’s help. Everyday, Toby reviews her of her mother’s favorite food, favorite color, favorite number and all about her mother’s information. She sets up a lot of standards for everything and started changing her outlook in life with that of her mother. She dresses like her mother, she walks like her mother and she impersonalizes her mother.

And so, the famous Rency would always secretly visit Trisha at the boarding house not knowing that she’s actually Tina. Oftentimes, they go on a date and Rency usually disguises himself in order for him not to be recognized by the public. Everyday, he would also bring her to the set and introduce her to other known actors and actresses in the showbiz industry. He also began to inform the nation that he is secretly dating someone. In time, Tina got used to seeing those famous celebrities in the world of entertainment.

However, there were instances wherein something unexpected happened.

“Cut!”, the director said. There was a short break. Rency walked towards Tina who was sitting alone.

“Are you hungry?,” he asked her.

There was no answer. All of a sudden, a group of people holding different kinds of flowers surrounded the both of them and sang a song.

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, happy birthday, Happy birthday to you!”

 “Happy 30th birthday, Trish!” Rency happily greeted. Tina looked surprised. She didn’t know that it was already her birthday. In fact, it’s not really her birthday! Oh my! She forgot her mom’s special day! Consequently, she acted as if she already knew it and thanked everybody for remembering. There was a party that was organized by Rency just for her. Lots of food were prepared and obviously then, there came the eating session.

Mara Alvarez, Rency’s leading lady, visits the set and gives Tina a gift. “Happy birthday, Trisha.”

She showed Mara her big smile but deep inside, she tells herself, “A real actress… Plastic!”

While they were eating together, Rency just kept on staring at Tina. “Trish, don’t eat that!!!!!!!” Rency surprisingly shouted as she took a plate of crab meat.

“Why not?”, Tina confusingly asked him.

“You’re allergic to crabs, remember?”

There was silence.

Everyone looked at one another. Little by little, she placed the plate back on the table and chuckled. “I knew that. Thanks.”

But actually, she didn’t. Another mistake! She forgot that her mother was allergic to crabs. She imagines this pretending game to be a chess. Throughout playing chess, it’s like her queen is about to be eaten by a horse just because she overlooked the situation. Wrong move indeed!