Lena Farland and the Horribly Persistent Slytherins

Start from the beginning

His eyes widened. "What?"

Two more people sat down with them, Blaise next to her and Theo next to Janus. "We might have forgotten to tell him."

"Just like he forgot to mention Theo was with you?" She smirked and bumped shoulders with Blaise. "It's good to see you three."

"Wait! Hold up!" Janus held up his hands, looking as if his world-view had been offended. "Lena, you can't just- You have to go back! You haven't even taken your OWLs yet! Or- or had a decent defense Professor!"

She raised an eyebrow. "I liked Quirrell."

""No one else did."" Blaise and Theo both snarked back at the same time, the Italian boy grabbing a pastry with a smirk.

Lena huffed softly. "I know that you all care and I appreciate you coming to see me, but I'm not going back when I'm not wanted there. Last year made it extremely clear that I'll get blamed for anything the other houses want and I just-... I told Dumbledore, but I'd rather not have all my good memories of Hogwarts be tainted."

Janus frowned. "Then... why don't you make new, better memories as you go?"

"Sorry." She stood up, then pushed the plate of pastries towards them. "I don't know that I can."

She really should have known better when she thought that would be the end of it.

Slytherins were horribly persistent when they wanted to be.

It started with Ginny, who showed up with her dad (who gaped at everything and made her explain exactly how she made his drink), sitting down and having coffee.

Janus and Gemma Farley became regulars, as apparently, the Ministry was close by, and with them sometimes came familiar older students or even Lords and Ladies in fancy clothes.

Marcus then showed up, one time dragging the whole Quidditch team along, and even Daphne smirked at her as she sauntered in with Blaise and Theo every once and awhile.

Though it was Madame Zabini, Lady Greengrass, and Lady Malfoy- all dressed in elegant dresses and giving her nods- that broke the camel's back.

"What in the seven hells? I thought you were an orphan?" Stacy hissed at her with wide eyes, staring at the three women. "How- how do you know them and- and all those rich people that keep coming in?"

"I... I used to be the head of a... group or- uh- club at my boarding school. Most of them were either in that club or have kids that are in the club now. Janus, the guy who always gives me shit about going back to school? He used to be head of the organization-thing."

The woman looked at her, shaking her head. "You're crazy for leaving, but whatever. Go serve those ladies... they're scaring everyone else."

Nodding, she walked over to the group and flipped out a small notepad. "What can I get you today, Ladies? Madame?"

Madame Zabini hummed softly, studying her. "You've gotten even more stunning since I last saw you. Now if you would just smile..." The woman waved her hand when Lena's eyes narrowed slightly, chuckling. "Ah, but that's alright. What do you recommend, dear?"

"I recommend you go shove-..." Taking a deep breath, she let her irritation go and just gave a thin smile. "If you like coffee, then that's a favorite, but if not then the chai is excellent. And if you are eating, then a popular choice is the cherry tart."

Sharing amused glances, Miss Malfoy nodded to her. "Three cups of chai then."

"Please tell me you have money that's not galleons." She raised an eyebrow.