Me of Tomorrow Special | Part 1

WARNING! SPOILER ALERT! 

This an excerpt from Today and Forever—Axon and Elliot as parents.

"Hey darling, I'm sorry I can't see you off. The little ones have been fussy." Papa looks tired but at the same time happy. I vaguely remember him looking the same when they just had Aiden. I wonder if he looked the same too when they got me? Although I wasn't a baby that time.

"It's okay Papa. I can handle myself well." Papa lifts May on his arms and she eases into sleep. They're lucky to have them as parents. I hope that I met them an earlier age as well, given them this chance to have a small child as if they've just given birth to me.

He looks at me softly, steps closer so he can reach my right cheek and caress it. "Don't worry about anything, ok? We'll take care of things. You just focus on what you want to do." Sometimes I feel like I should've already grown up at this age but I'm too scared to do it. How do we even grow up? Do we will ourselves to do it or does it just happen?

I hover over the crib and look at my baby brother. "Mason looks a bit like Aiden."

"He does, specially the nose."

I let out a deep sigh. "It's going to be another challenging year. I'm dreading it already."

"It's your final year. Just bear with it." Dad says while chuckling as he enters the room. "Do you plan on continuing after graduation?"

I shrug in response. It's stressful enough already thinking about it.

Dad roll his eyes as he reach out to May and settle her at the other crib. "What's with the shrug? You're obviously not going to take it. Your university already closed the submissions."

What? So that was a trick question. I didn't even know there's such thing as submission deadline. My head's really been all over the place. "Did you hear it from Uncle Peter?"

"Who else? He's annoyed you kids are taking things too lightly." He now lifts Mason who's suddenly wide awake and giggling. He's not a crier, I see. "Are you sure you don't want me to see you off?"

"Yup. It's fine. Lotus will be picking me up." Again, the four of us were planning on going back together but Jules wanted to go back early because he misses his guy who he refuses to call his boyfriend yet. Who were they kidding though? We all know they've been sucking faces since freshmen and I'm pretty sure the guy already asked him out a long time ago. Anyway, then there goes Cart who wanted to obviously act as the bodyguard. "I'm going to do some final fixes on my stuff. Who knows? I might just end up removing everything from my suitcase and staying instead so I can live off your fortune."

"Don't even think of it, young man!"

"Already did!"