Part 24

Y/Ns POV

I looked over at Draco and put my arms around his back, resting my head on his shoulders.
We all silenced as Dumbledore began to speak.

"Very best of evenings to you all. Thanks. First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff. Horace Slughorn. Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, has agreed to resume his old post... as Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts... will be taken by Professor Snape. As you know, each and every one of you were searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why. Once, there was a young man. Like you, sat in this very hall. Walked this castle's corridors. Slept under it's roof. You see, to all the world, a student like any other. His name: Tom Riddle. Today of course, is known all over the world by another name. Which is why as I stand, looking out upon you all tonight, I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour, this very minute, perhaps... dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. But in the end, that greatest weapon... is you. Just something to think about. Now off to bed!" Dumbledore spoke.

I tensed when he mentioned my father, and so did many of the other students, most of them have claimed I've been working for Voldemort since I started this school, and now I'm ashamed to say that now I do work for him, my biggest fear is coming true...

I walk back to my dorm with Draco, but we're stopped by Snape.
He led us to a different dorm room, I always wondered where this door in the common room led to, he explained me and Draco that this was our new room, and not to question it.

"One last thing." Snape said, turning back around to face us. "You two should not do anything you shouldn't do together, in that room."

I watched as Snape walked away, then looked over at Draco, confused, but he was just smirking about what Snape had said, I shook my head and went on inside.

"Do you think this is because of what we have to do?" Draco asked from his bed.

"I don't know." I sighed.

I had potions first, I stood with Draco, who really wasn't the best at hiding his expressions, he looked sad and I knew he was sad and he was hiding that verbally but he needed to tell his face that.
I looked away from Draco to see Harry and Ron, what do I say to them? They can't know I'm a death eater.

"Harry, my boy, I've been beginning to worry. You brought someone with us, I see." Professor Slughorn said, turning to look at Ron and Harry.

"Ron Weasley, sir. But I'm dead awful at Potions. A menace, actually so. I'm probably just gonna--"

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out." Professor Slughorn interrupted Ron.

While Ron and Harry got books from the back as they didn't have any, Professor Slughorn continued the lesson.

"Now as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be? Yes, Miss...?" Professor Slughorn pointed at Hermione who had her hand up.

"Granger, sir. That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum." She spoke.

I decided to answer for the next one...

"This is Amortentia. The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. For example, I smell... green apples... peppermint and... Merlins beard, Draco, who are you trying to impress with all that cologne." I laughed and earned the odd laugh from the class as well.

"Right.. thank you Miss...?" Professor Slughorn began.

"Riddle."

"Miss Riddle-" he staggered. "Uh- N-Now Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible, but it does cause powerful infatuation or obsession. And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room." Professor Slughorn said.

Draco gave me a weird look.

"What?" I hissed at him.

"Nothing." He smirked and put his attention back onto Professor Slughorn.

"Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one."

"Oh yes. What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion, known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly known referred to as--"

"Liquid luck." Hermione finished for Professor Slughorn.

"Yes, Miss Granger. Liquid luck. Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip and you'll find that all of your endeavours succeed. At least until the effects wear off. So this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck to the student who in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Dead. Recipes for which can be found on page 10 of your books. Issue one doubt, however. Only one set of student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence." Slughorn announced.

Draco looked at me, hoping I was on the same page as him, I was. One of us had to win the liquid luck, and use it while doing what we had to do.
Me and Draco went to the same desk and we began to make Draught of Living Dead. We were both completely silent while we made it, of course we wanted either of us to win. But in the end Harry won, I was a little disappointed, but clapped for him, Draco on the other hand looked very annoyed and stressed and didn't clap.

"Of course, Potter, won." He spat.