Chapter 2: The training sessions

Two weeks had passed since Fenrir arrived to the unknown base. Uron had kept his promise, he gave him his own room, clothes to wear, food to eat, and had healers, to heal his wound. Now it was time for his training...

He walked into a grassy ground. It was outside the cave, surrounded by huge wooden walls, and with only one path connecting it to the main base. The ground had sunlight directly falling in it. There were a few other children & the chief guard. The training session was going on. The children were all holding wooden swords. Following the basic stances & slashes being taught by the guard. The guard saw Fenrir walk into the ground. "Ok now, practice on your own",, he said as he walked away from the other children, towards Fenrir. "Why are you here?",he asked. "To train", Fenrir replied. "And, what about your condition, is your arm healed?",he asked. "Healed enough to start training", Fenrir replied. "Ok, go on, get a sword",the guard replied while pointing towards some wooden training swords placed on a rack, in the corner of the training field. Fenrir grabbed a sword & came back to the guard. The guard was staring at him. "What? Let me warm up, you have others to train don't you?",Fenrir said. "They're done training already, they've been here since morning & you just came in the afternoon", the guard said as he took a few steps back & sat on the grassy ground. Fenrir had his eyes fixed on an imaginary target. & the wooden sword placed on the left side of his leather belt, fixed in the place, a sheathe should be. In an instant, he unsheathed the sword (moved it out his belt) & sliced thrice in mid-air. He was taking a turn while rotating his sword, shifting it from his right hand to his left and continuing the motion, practicing multi-directional hits. "You done yet?",the guard asked yawning. "Yes, I am", Fenrir said. The guard also had a wooden sword. He stood up, both took stances. And then came at each other. The guard started with a horizontal strike. Aiming for Fenrir's neck. Fenrir slided under the guard's feet & while below him, landed two strikes in an instant aiming for both his feet. The guard fell. Looked behind. Fenrir was on the ground sitting with his right arm extending, holding the blade horizontally. "I...was injured that day", he said. The guard got up, his feet staggering but still came at him. A vertical hit from behind this time. The other boys walking out of the field had their back towards Fenrir & the guard training. They heard on four sounds in the duration of a second. Rustle, snap, snap & a thud. They looked behind at the sound, which indicated a super quick exchange of swords. The sight they saw was something they never imagined. The guard was on the ground, falling on his face, holding a broken training sword, unconscious. And Fenrir, was standing behind him. His sword also half broken but he had no visible injury.

"He what?",Uron asked surprised while sitting on his desk, looking at a man sitting infront of him. "Yes sir, he beated your guard without receiving any injuries",the doctor sitting infront of him replied. "Where's my guard?",Uron asked. "He's in the treatment chamber. Have neck injuries. He was unconscious yesterday, woke up just now. I couldn't inform you earlier I was busy in the healing process. The observers you ordered to watch over Fenrir's training reported seeing something rather unique. The boy, do not have strong internal magic. He injects the little amount he have into the weapon he holds. It makes the weapon extremely light & fast. It also increases the durability of the weapon", the doctor explained. "I...want to talk my guard, take me to him", Uron said. "Yes sire", the doctor got up instantly and bowed.
The door to a brightly lit room opened. On a bed was laying the guard. He looked away towards the window by his bed, as he saw Uron. "You seem embarassed getting beaten up by a boy", Uron said in an ironic way. "He is not just any boy. I am not embarassed for losing to him. He's a monster afterall...",the guard said. "Then what?",Uron asked as he sat on a chair beside the bed. "..it's just that I am upset. For the first time I am going to say, I can't train him", the guard said. "Yes you will not train him any further...",Uron said. "...as long as you are alone", he added. "What do you mean?", the guard asked while trying to turn his neck back again towards Uron but hissing at the pain created by him trying to move too suddenly. "I asked you to gather the best swordsmen & mages didn't I? You'll be training him by making him outnumbered. First only swordsmen. The we'll also add mages", Uron said. "That...might work", the guard said. "You are to be back on duty once you've healed totally", Uron said as he stood up. "Yes master", the guard replied. "See you later then", Uron said as he exitted the room. The guard continued looking outside of the window. 'In that one second', he thought as a scene from his spar with Fenrir came into his mind. 'He took one turn, striked my sword from the side as it snapped. Then a second one to move behind me. Then striked me in the neck & broke his own sword. And with a thud I fell on the ground unconscious. I've been to countless battles but never once have I not been able to react. He was too fast I could just follow him with my eyes. And why is master trying so hard to train him? He's already a monster. What does he want that boy to turn into?', he thought as he kept staring outside the window by his bed. Uron was walking in the hallway. His steps echoing. 'That Xeva tribe Fenrir. He have such a natural talent that I've never seen before. If I can improve him, he can be a one-man army', he thought as he walked down to his room.

The Unfading: First battle of the codex On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara