Chapter 15: A Sunday Drive to Alaska

[Percy's POV:]

"Now I see why dogs love doing this so much! This is great, the wind is amazhang!" I currently have my head stuck out the window letting my tongue flap around in the winds sorry not sorry upcoming drivers prepare for Percy's homemade wolf slobber! We hadn't yet left the Camp's surrounding field lands, but the pickup truck had more than strong enough torque and suspension to let it speed through the hilly grasslands that surrounded it. Reyna had been telling me about the way out, It was a portal in a car park near a tunnel, At first I was curious how that would work since they have to pay and to leave and stuff, but apparently the car park had a mini garage-like area that, thanks to the mist, was "no longer" in use. Well for mortals at least.

"Sometimes I forget you're basically a dog.. Just be careful not to fall out the window" Hey, I know some humans love doing this thank you very much. I mean technically I am one but that's besides the dam point. We approached a small building with an entrance large enough for a truck to fit through, I suppose they order in Amazon delivery... oh this is gonna be good.

"Say, you know your sister Hylla?" I could barely keep my smirk off my face even with a snout to hide it.

"Yeah? What about her?" she looked intrigued that I'd bring her up.

"Does she make a lot of money?" the anticipation of the punny joke was killing me.

"Why would I know that, she in charge of the Amazons not some company" and that was my que.

"But Amazon is the world's most valuable brand! It's worth Billions!" There was silence. One that made me start to question certain life choices.. She turned to face me before giggling a bit. Her laugh gave me a strange sense of joy and dread at the same time.

"Oh Hylla is gonna love and hate this when I tell her, she is gonna kill you, you know that right, well better start searching for another praetor" I'm starting to think she wasn't laughing at my pun, but instead at what Hylla is gonna do to me when she finds out... I opted to remain silent after that.

The vehicle came to a stop inside the building where a male demigod with a strange shade of red hair came up to the wound down window on Reyna's side.

"G'd evening Praetor, where to?" He spoke as he was supposed to be a butler not, whatever he is here.

"Just to Birch Ct, we want to drive along the shore" the guy gave a court nod taking a quick peek over to where I was with a respective nod. I gave one back in mutual respect. Hey portal controlling butler people deserve respect to you know.

He went over to a smaller control room where he began pressing a few buttons that didn't really match the roman theme going on. Soon the exit of the building began to change as if someone had pressed the next slide on a slideshow, revealing what looked to be the interior of an underground car park. Reyna restarted the car and drove through, a completely underwhelming sensation. I was like walking through a door, you wouldn't guess that we had just practically teleported a few miles in a direction I did not care to figure out.

"Well that was boring" of course I had to voice my opinion.

"Sorry, next time I'll have balloons and confetti shall I?" Was I going to sass back? Are blue foods better than normal? [If you said no leave my dam life book you uncultured reader.]

"Yes, that would be much better, maybe some fireworks too? oh and blue confetti. Lots of blue confetti." she looked at me with the world's biggest deadpan face, before focusing on the road ahead.

"This is gonna be a long ride" she muttered to herself. And yes yes it was if I had anything to say about it.. Speaking of which...

[Olympus:]