Oneshot - Bass Jesus

*Not as crack as it sounds*

August, 1987

I sat restlessly in my seat, constantly shifting in and out of it, my fingers entwined and trembling. I gazed down at my swollen belly and gave it a gentle pat. A wave of panic and self-consciousness washed over me as I sat anxiously in the airport. I shivered as a chilly breeze glided past. I checked my watch over and over again, time ticking closer and closer to the moment when Duran Duran would step out of the plane. When I would see my beloved John once more. I rubbed the diamond on my ring finger, which brought me comfort. But what would he think about this? I thought as I looked guiltily at my stomach.

Time seemed to pass painfully slowly as I gazed up at the plane timetables above my head. I pulled out a book in the attempt to clear my thoughts. A mixture of excitement and nervousness swelled in the pit of my stomach. I looked back at the timetable and my heart skipped a beat. They would be here any minute now! I put my book back in my handbag and pulled out a compact mirror. I brushed away strands of hair and dabbed at my face in the attempt to make myself look more appealing. He'd only been off on the European leg of the Strange Behaviour tour for a few weeks but christ, it had felt like a century since I'd last seen John. It was as if I couldn't keep my heart from leaping out of my ribcage.

Amongst a sea of chatter and footsteps, I heard a familiar voice in the distance, which could only have belonged to Simon LeBon. He was the first I saw to come out. I said a polite hello and he gave me a quick peck on the cheek. He looked me up and down and gasped. I nodded, excited.

"You haven't told John yet, have you?" He whispered. I shook my head, biting my lip nervously. Simon smiled warmly, patted my arm and then walked away to meet some people who had been waiting for him. Next came Nick, lugging his suitcases and chatting away with a friend. We exchanged friendly waves before he made his way to a group of his own. It seemed like almost the entire plane had alighted, but there was still no John to be seen. I grew more and more nervous, as more and more members of the touring party emerged. Biting my lip, I walked around a little to see if John had walked off somewhere.

In the distance, I saw a figure in a dark trench coat, suitcase in hand. We made eye contact and my heart fluttered. The figure began to run towards me, faster and faster. And when we met, he scooped me up by the hips and twirled me round, making me laugh with joy. Holding onto the lapels of his jacket, I pulled John in for a slow, heartfelt kiss. 

"Mm. I missed you so much y/n." John cooed. I smiled then rested my head on his chest.

"I'm so glad you've come home." I sighed. I pulled him in for another kiss, not wanting to ever let go. I poured all my emotions into his soft lips, feeling his tongue brush past mine.

"I forgot how good you tasted, babe." John whispered into my ear, making me blush. Then, finally he put me back down on the ground. I brushed my skirt and fiddled with my hair as my feet met the floor once more. John took a step back, eyeing my enlarged stomach. His jaw dropped. Our eyes met and then I remembered. He took a step forward and took my hands.

"I-i-is that?" He stammered. "Are you?" I nodded slowly, totally unsure of what to expect.

"I found out a week after you left. I just didn't know how to tell you. I'm so sorry, John." I looked down at my feet, not sure if I should meet John's face. I felt a gentle hand hold my chin. My face rose. All my uncertainty vanished as I looked into his rich chocolate eyes. His hand cradling the nape of my neck, John brought me in for a long, breathy, passionate kiss. I kissed him back, returning every ounce of passion, my arms draped over his shoulders. Due to his tallness, and my sudden incapacity to function properly, the tips of my toes barely scraped against the tiled floor. John's hands moved down to my waist stop me from falling over. Then slowly and reluctantly, he pulled away from the kiss.

His fingers dragged across my hips and moved to my belly, where he placed a hand. A wide smile spread across his face, making my heart overflow with relief and joy.

"Oh, John." I sighed, resting my forehead against his. And we stayed like that for a few moments. Then, John turned me around by my shoulders and slipped his hand around my waist, so my back was pressed against his chest. He leant in, his hot breath on my neck.

"This is the best thing that's ever happened to me y/n. No words can express my love for you."