Chapter 19 : National Route 286

Two weeks has passed and the day has came. Club time, I walked to the art club and opened the door to get the poster. I rolled down the poster, the poster was smudged a little. I touched it up to make it perfect and cleaned up the calligraphy.

"Konnichiwa..."

I turned around to see Amane, Naho, and Yoshiteru. They looked at the poster, they saw bunch of smudged paint. "I guess some of the paint haven't dried yet.." Yoshiteru mumbled to himself, more members came inside and helped clean up before we show them.

"My my, you all are working hard I see!" We turn our heads to the chicken mesmerizing our poster. He went up to us and put his index and thumb to his chin and hummed. "It's perfect." He said. He was proud of us, our eyes sparkled with glee. "Chop-chop, let's go to the gym!" He guided us.

We rolled up the dried poster and walked over to the gym. "Yahoo~!" Furudate-sensei called. Everybody turned their heads to the art club. "Furudate-san, is the poster done?" Takeda-sensei walked up to us, mind curious about the poster. We nodded and slowly roll open the poster. They were amazed by the poster.

"Woah!"

"So cool!"

"This looks like it could be a promotional poster for the club!"

"Thanks, we worked so hard and if we didn't get help from you all, we could never achieved this."

We were showered by compliments from the team. We were grateful that someone would notice this club for it's illustration than our usual arts and crafts.

"I see that you two used your calligraphy knowledge for good, eh?" Kōshi focused on the calligraphy, "the writings are great, right Kageyama?" The silvernette nudged Kageyama's elbow. I was flattered by the compliment about the calligraphy but I think Yukari was more flattered and flustered after Kageyama said that her writing was beautiful.

"What should we do with the poster now? The new semester is still months away."

"How about you save the poster until next year?"

"That's a good idea, Sensei."

After school was over, the art club were cleaning up the room. As we were finishing, I was called by Furudate-sensei. I came over and he put his hand on my shoulder and said this to me, "Hashimoto-san, you've worked so hard for this club to succeed and it's very rare that a highschool own an art club, that could rivals their own calligraphy club. But, you have shown that you're capable. Please, continue this type of art!" His words brought me to tears, someone other than my family and Kōshi was proud of me.

"T-thank you, S-Sensei..."

"Hey, don't waste your tears. Just make sure this club could surpass our calligraphy club!"

We were walking down the path as we all did before splitting. I notice

I nodded and wiped my tears away, that day could've been one of the best days of my life.

Me and the club were chatting near the gates and as we expected the boys' volleyball team joined us. "Who wants warm fresh meat buns?" "Me!". It was a great day, our clubs were enjoying their selves.

"That was awesome poster, you and your club did a great job!" Kōshi said as he took a bite from the steaming hot meat bun. "Aww, thanks Kōshi, your team helped as well, y'know. Just so you know, the art club couldn't get all the credit." I couldn't help myself but just to stare at Kōshi's face, he was so perfect. How could no one fell in love with him? Except back in elementary school...

We walked down the path where we always walk before splitting. I was talking to the other third years before I catches Yukari and Kageyama in a deep conversation, they even ignored Hinata. Poor Hinata... "Psst, hey guys... look over there!" I whispered to them, they were wondering what I was whispering about and they looked over to the first years with awe. "They look so cute together!" Kōshi said in a motherly tone, we told him that he sounded like our mothers, he denied it but he was the mom aka Sugamomma.

As for the others, Hinata and Naho started to know each other more and soon found out they were from the same junior high, Yukigaoka Junior High. "That's why you look so familiar!" Naho implied that she used to help Hinata with his skills along side other girls in the girls' team back then and especially his spikes. "You should play with us sometimes, Watanabe-san!" "Nah, Chibi-kun. I'll focus on art instead.".

Other than those two, there were also Amane, Takahiro, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi. They were having a roasting battle, while Yamaguchi was trying to calm them down or in moments where Amane was winning, he'd be cheering on Tsukishima. They looked like they were having a great time. "You're such a pain in the ass, Uchida-senpai..." "Oh yeah? You're a four eyed tall dinosaur obsessed telephone post made out of French fries who could only roast people.", we were kind of surprise after the she said that, and we stayed silent. "Tsukki? Uchida-senpai, I think you broke him... Tsukki?!?!", while Takahiro was literally making the battle worse and almost turned it to a rap battle.

Kiyoko and Yachi were joining us for the walk home this time, and as you expected Tanaka and Nishinoya were trying to impress her. Yachi was talking to Jiro and Yoshiteru, they looked so cute! I just want to pinch their cheeks— no, contain yourself, Hashimoto...

It looked like we were a big family, but things have to end. We split our paths and walked home. Now, it was me and Kōshi.

"Hey, Kōshi..."

"Yeah?"

"I got confirmation from my parents where we're moving later."

"Where?"

"Kawasaki, it's the next town under Sendai."

"Oh, really? So, you're going through National Route 286 then."

It was pretty windy, in the middle of summer? That's weird. Anyways, me and Kōshi were chatting some random things and he told me about his experience in the training camp.

"Oh and Yaku sang When will my life begin, his voice was pretty too!"

"So, you're attracted to Yaku?"

"What?! No way! Besides, I guess some first years at Nekoma likes him too."

"So, you all sang Disney songs?"

"Yep!"

"That wasn't expected... did you sung Under Daichi~?" I smirked at him, Kōshi was blushing madly. I remembered when we first met Daichi and Asahi. Daichi wasn't tall as now and Asahi's hair wasn't that long. To be honest, Kōshi didn't changed, he only grew taller and well more masculine than feminine I guess? "Even though I sang that song once... doesn't mean I'm singing that song again..." He snickered at me, making me giggle. I waved my hand at my best friend as I closed the door.

Today, was the one of the best days of my whole life.

Shinnosuke Tachibana (Yaku's seiyuu) and Miyu Irino (Suga's seiyuu) have surprisingly beautiful voices that you should listen on a daily basis

A quick announcement!

I'll be publishing another haikyuu x oc book later and it has pictures, if you're interested. Don't worry, I'll still continue this book. I just need to end some of my works that I was not passion about anymore.