The Girl Who Cried Yelp

(episode 2.) The Girl Who Cried Yelp
"I'm just not sure if I'm ready for that kind of change."

"Katie, Y/n, and I finally got to take the SATs

"Katie, Y/n, and I finally got to take the SATs. And once we were done, it was time to celebrate with some post-SAT P-I-E"

"And then, on question 32 of the math section, i put down C, and then I realized that the answer was A." Katie said as we took a seat on the couch.

"Well, I just realized, who cares? We're done with the SAT, so, stop thinking, and start pie-ing." Alexa told her.

"Oh, I invited Lucas over. We haven't had a chance to hang out and I thought celebrating finishing the SATs was a perfect time." I informed the girls who nodded. Only a few moments later Lucas walked in and took a seat next to me, planting a kiss on my cheek in the process. We all got forks out and started digging into the pie we got. I was talking to Lucas on how the test went when my mom walked in the door.

"Hey, guys. Jack, come down here!" Mom said as she closed the door and put her bags down. "Ooh, form the looks of it, the test must have gone well."

"Mm, great."

"Mm, pie."

"I'm so proud of you." Mom told us. "So... I have some news."

"Are we getting a kitten?" Jack asked as he walked into the living room.

"No. So, you know how I've been dating Joe?"

"Oh, is he getting a kitten?"

"Aw, I love kittens." Alexa said, everyone spoke up agreeing with her.

"Nobody's getting a kitten." Mom told us. "It's been six months since I've been dating Joe... and I was thinking that it's time for him to meet you guys. I mean officially meet you two. Jack met him once, but then he was my handyman, and now he's... my boyfriend."

"Ew." Jack said.

"No, it's not 'ew.' I know you've never met anyone I've dated before, but... things are getting kind of serious, so Joe is coming for dinner tonight. And it's totally no big deal, but it's super important that you all think each other is great. But, again, no big deal, totally casual, but we should all dress up." Mom told us making us very confused.

"I'm confused." Jack spoke up.

"Wear your picture day shirt." Mom told him. He walked off groaning.

"Picture day shirt twice in one year? Are you serious?"

"Oh. Wait, that's why you were mopping under the fridge this morning?" Katie asked, getting up from the couch.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I didn't want to distract you from your SATs, but not that you're done, I'm really excited for you to meet Joe."

"I'm excited to meet him too."

"Fantastic. And your family's coming, too, so everyone can meet Joe. I'm cooking dinner."