(5) Georgie Walter, you're a sin

Start from the beginning

My feet pounded against the road for a few moments before a huge weight crushed me to the floor. I squirmed beneath the huge guy so my back, not my face, was against the ground. He punched me in the face, definitely breaking my nose. My eyes prickle with water as pain soared across my face. The metallic taste of blood dripped into my lips, seeping into my mouth causing me to splutter a little.

No amount of effort was going to move this huge guy, so I resorted to hurting him the worst way possible for a male.

I brought my knee up, slamming it into his privates. With that, he finally moved enough for me to squeeze out.

"You little bitc-"

His words were cut off by my screaming as he slashed his small pocket knife across my right thigh.
My hands instantly recline to my leg. My jeans were ripped open and a deep cut was pouring blood from the wound.

Shit. That hurt. That really stings.

I scooted backwards while still seated on the ground but there was no way I was going to run now.

I felt tears of pain prickle in my eyes again as I amounted pressure with my left hand onto the gash.
The adrenaline fell and the anxiety kicked in.

I was gonna die.

My heart started to race and I lost control of my breathing, hyperventilating as I looked between the gash on my leg and the huge guy making our way towards me.

Just as the huge man stood up and loomed over me, his knife in plain sight in his hands, a loud thump sounded and he fell to the floor.

There behind him stood a man holding a small baseball bat.
Out of instincts I slowly moved away from him as much as I could, ignoring the searing pain through my leg. I was in no mood to trust anyone.

I watched as he moved closer and bent down so he was at eye level to me.

The first thing I noticed was the unusual sharp suit he was wearing. Deep navy colour with a crisp white shirt beneath it and a matching dark tie tied neatly around his neck. Just from his clothes, I could definitely tell he was not with those other men. My eyes started to focus and blur randomly, making it hard to distinguish a face or an age for this mystery guy.

My eyes wandered to the satchel that draped over his shoulders as he placed the bat back into it.

"You really shouldn't be around these areas." He said slowly, in a deep tone as he whispered.
Deep voice. A young adult of some sort.
He spotted the gash across my leg and proceeded to rip the arm off my last sleeve and wrap it tightly around my thigh.
I didn't even realise until now how badly made these clothes were, what shirt has easy to rip off sleeves?
The pain and blood loss was definitely making me delirious.

I sucked in a short breath through my teeth as he pulled it tight to stop any more blood loss.

"I assume it's your bike I saw in the bushes," he asked as he helped me to my feet. As I stood I realised all three men are on the ground unconscious. He must have done this.

"Yes, it is," I said, finally getting my voice and breath back.
"Thank you for you know, er that,"
I pointed to the guys laying on the ground.

"No problem, I'm glad I made it here in time. I saw your bike and then heard a scream and fighting. I guess I heard correctly."

I let out a little laugh which earned a smile from him.

"Am I allowed to know your name?" I asked as he scooped his arm under mine to help me walk.
If I was going to trust a random man, it was only polite to know the name of the person who helped maybe save your life.

"I'm Aaron."

"Are you a perfect or a nor-"

"I don't identify with a group." He said sharply cutting me off.

"Oh" I replied softly.
That was strange. I didn't even know that was possible. Your whole life was evolved around which group you fall into, and he chooses to not? I pushed the thought away and just assumed he didn't want to tell me for legal reason, which I understood.

"Well, I'm Geor-"

"Georgina Walter, you're a Sin. Don't worry I know who you are."

The sudden shock of his knowledge takes me back. I stare at him with confusion. I let my arm fall away from him and stumble back a little, scrunching my face at the pain the tears through my leg as weight is placed on it.

"How do you-"

This time I cut myself off as my legs started to collapse beneath me. Aaron rushed forward and caught me, securing his grip around my waist so I was standing upright. My head started to go fuzzy and my whole body weakened from the blood loss.

"Let's get you sorted out, a car will be here any minute."
I nodded slowly to whatever he said, I was too busy trying to stay conscious to hear him.

"I'm just confused Georgina," Aaron said trying to fill the silence as we waited.

"Georgie," I said breathlessly, "I prefer Georgie."

"Georgie. How on earth did you get you and your bike into the Norms area?"

"I..have..a.."
Each word was split up by a breath. My knees started to give way and my eyes slowly shut.

The pain in my leg started to fade as I plunged into darkness.