Chapter 1: The Return

Rise of the Whirling Tides

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, One Piece or any other media, anime, music, games, manga, books etc series that may appear in this fanfiction, this is purely fantasy work. I will, however, claim the Original Characters that appear in this fanfic.

Edited: 29/12/2018

Author Note: This is the rewrite to my fanfiction Shinobi to Pirate. Also please note all early chapters, I think before 25 need editing and I will be slowly doing edits gradually with time, so please have patience with my writing style. It's changed a little over time and the older chapters have yet to be edited to reflect this.

Harem: Naruto X Suzuka X Kuroka X Nico Robin X Madam Shyarly X Boa Hancock. Please note Romance isn't exactly my strong suit, so I'll be mostly doing small touches on the romance and hinting to events that happened to help it move along. I also won't be writing smut/lemon scenes.

Summary: With Sasuke's death at the hand of Kaguya Naruto had no choice but to seal the Progenitor of Chakra into himself, the sealing process went wrong and he absorbed Kaguya and the Shinju into his own being altering his body turning him into an immortal 'God'. His body being converted into pure chakra was destroyed and over the years he slowly regenerated but it was too late; his comrades had all but perished under the Mugen Tsukuyomi. Despair filled him and he fled returning to his ancestral home of Uzi no Kuni becoming a hermit for thousands of years.

"Hi there" Normal Speech

"Hi There" Thought

"Hi There" Biju and techniques

"Hi There" Biju thoughts and techniques in head

Flashbacks

"Hi There" Normal speech

"Hi There" Thought

"Hi There" Biju and Techniques

"Hi There" Bijuu thought and techniques in head

Chapter 1: The Return

Prologue

The ruins of the once beautiful Uzushiogakure no Sato basked under the light of the rising sun. The Village was a place of wonder, beauty and pride to those who once upon a time lived there. The Uzumaki Clan, a once strong and powerful clan, descendants of Otsutsuki Ashura, known for their incredibly strong life force, unique chakra and famed for their mastery of Fuuinjutsu, had once called this place home. Their skill in Fuuinjutsu had brought them fame and fear, it was this fear that led to their downfall, struck down by enemies from all sides they were wiped out, all but a few survived fleeing their ancestral home to find a new one, now the glorious village lay in nothing ruin.

Deep within the ruins of the once illustrious Uzumaki clan compound was a single individual, a being of great power, one who had shied away from the world because of his failure. Here resided Uzumaki Naruto, a man from an age long passed. He sat in the shadows, the darkness obscuring his form from view as he lamented on his many failures. Nearly six thousand years ago the era of the Shinobi had come to an end, by his hand. He had failed in his duty to release the Mugen Tsukuyomi in time causing all his friends, allies, everyone he had fought with during the Fourth Shinobi World War to be turned into White Zetsu.

His brother in all but blood, Uchiha Sasuke had been struck down by Otsutsuki Kaguya, the Progenitor of Chakra. In his last moments, Sasuke had given Naruto, the Rikudou no In no Chikara completing the Rikudou no You no Chikara he had received from Otsutsuki Hagoromo the Rikudō no Sennin. With the Sun and Moon Mark, the Yin and Yang chakra of the Sage, Naruto battled the mother of chakra for seven days and seven nights finally weakening her enough to attempt to seal her away. He had ultimately decided to seal her away inside of himself, knowing if he sealed her back in the moon she would only attempt to escape once more, Naruto however miscalculated. In his haste to seal Kaguya away, it caused his own downfall and that of the entire Shinobi Nations. He had attempted to seal her and the Shinju into his own body, the influx of their powerful chakra and life forces clashed with his own. His body and theirs were torn apart, their chakra fused together causing a catastrophic eruption that levelled the landscape destroying half the continent. Chakra was scattered across the globe.