Chapter 18

At the moment, the son of a bitch who "bites the hand that feeds him" was holding Xu Xinyi's hand and leaving the hotel with a cloudy face.

The people who had come to Qin Yan's birthday banquet had all almost scattered. Now it was the dead of night. The resort hotel was still brightly lit but despite that the surroundings were quiet.

Xu Xinyi's hand was held firmly by Yi Yang all the way until they reached the car. Then he let go of her hand as if he were waking up from a dream.

Having understood the general flow of tonight's incident, the driver tactfully raised the divider to separate the front and rear of the car.

In the spacious back seat, Xu Xinyi rubbed her hand that was newly free from Yi Yang and winced. She was thinking about Yi Yang's declaration that he would never divorce her. She asked carefully, "What you said just now, that you will never divorce me, did you mean that?"

–"Normally if he saw that scene where I deliberately angered Old Master Qin and smashed Qin Yan's face Yi Yang would have some angry words to say. But just because I helped this time, he didn't suddenly change his attitude towards me and fall madly in love, did he?"

–"It's all over!"

Remembering the scene where she had sneered and acted all-powerful in front of Old Master Qin just now, Xu Xinyi felt regret.

–"If I had known it would cause him to fall so madly in love with me, I would never have interfered like that. I only took action because I didn't want to be known forevermore as a person wearing a big green hat!"

Yi Yang swept her with a cold gaze, "I lied."

Xu Xinyi breathed a sigh of relief.

–"...I'm relieved, but why do I feel so annoyed."

She forced a look of mourning and sadness on her face. "But Yi Yang, I really don't want to..."

Yi Yang interrupted her, "Xu Xinyi, thank you for everything you have done for me tonight."

Xu Xinyi looked at him as if she had seen a ghost.

–"It turns out this man can speak human words?"

Yi Yang leaned back, looked up and closed his eyes. "If it wasn't for you tonight, I might..."

–"There would have been no guarantee you could preserve your chastity!"

Xu Xinyi smiled. "It's all right, it was as easy as raising a hand. Qin Yan loves you so, of course, I have to keep an eye on my rival. But husband, as you saw, those people have unclear intentions. So try to learn from this. In the future, you must keep your eyes open and no longer be deceived. It was fairly dangerous for you tonight."

Yi Yang opened his eyes and stared at her heavily. In the darkness of the car his gaze was indecipherable. "Before this I always thought that just hearing a warning was empty and false, only seeing was believing. But now it seems that is not necessarily so. You can rest assured, I will pay more attention in the future."

After a pause, he asked, "Xu Xinyi, will you lie to me like they did?"

With her woman's intuition, Xu Xinyi could smell something unusual in Yi Yang's words.

–"What does he mean by that? He wants to test me now? Started to doubt me? Did this man have a sudden change in character and now he's beginning to be suspicious?"

She couldn't commit to what he asked though. She had to leave herself a way out.

She weighed her words carefully and said, "Don't think about it. Even if I deceive you, it would be a well-intentioned deception. I would never hurt you like those people."