Chapter 2: Breaking the News

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka sat on her bed. She looked down at her belly. She could already notice that it had expanded slightly since before she became pregnant.

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and rubbed her belly. She felt a warm, soothing presence coming from within her. It felt... fuzzy, as if it had yet to fully materialize into a normal life signature one could usually detect through the Force.

And Ahsoka could almost feel it reach back out to her, suggesting that the child too was force-sensitive. Which, of course, was hardly surprising, given it's parents were force-sensitive too.

Lux walked into her room.

"How's my favorite soon-to-be mother doing?" He asked, sitting down kissing her on the cheek.

"I'm doing good," she replied. "I'm just feeling a little off. And it's only going to get worse from here. I really hope I don't have to face any Sith Lords for the next six months, or else... well, it won't be good for either me or the baby."

"Don't worry," Lux said, "We'll get through this together, like we always do."

"Thanks, Lux," Ahsoka replied. "You mean so much to me."

She sighed.

"I'm going to have to tell the others about this," she continued. "They know we've wanted a child for a while now, but now that I'm actually going to have one..."

"It's okay," Lux said, "you tossed that rule aside, remember? Jedi can love now. We can have kids. It'll be fine."

"I know," she replied, "I'm just worried how they'll react."

"They'll be proud of you, 'Soka," he said. "You know that."

She sighed.

"Well," she continued, "I guess there's only one way to find out."

Ahsoka stood in front of all the Jedi in the New Jedi Order in the top room of the Yacht, which was now their designated meeting room.

"Everyone," she said, "I have brought you here because I have an important announcement to make."

There was murmuring among the crowd.

"I am proud to announce that soon, our Order will be gaining one more member. Because... well, I'm pregnant, and Lux and I are going to have a child."

There was a mixed reaction from the crowd. Some gasped. others said "congratulations!"

"I know this is probably shocking, and it's going to be a little odd, considering I'm still quite young, but trust me on this. It's going to be hard for me. A few months from now, some of the knights here will probably have to substitute me on some occasions. But we'll get through this together. Hopefully it's worth it. This meeting is dismissed."

The crowd immediately descended into lots of chit-chat.

Every now and then someone would walk up and say "congratulations" and shake her hand.

Then Katooni came up.

"Hey, Katooni," Ahsoka said.

"So you're going to have a baby?" Katooni asked in response.

"Of course," Ahsoka said. "I can't wait for you to meet them."

"I'm guessing you don't know their gender yet," Katooni said.

"No," Ahsoka replied, "not yet."

"Well then," Katooni said, "let's find out!"

Katooni closed her eyes and raised her arm to put it on Ahsoka's belly.

"No," Ahsoka said, pushing her arm down gently. "I'd like to keep it a surprise. But maybe I'll change my mind. I'll let you know if I do, okay?"

"Okay," Katooni replied. "Also, when is Lux's Jedi training going to be done?"

"Two or three years, maybe? He's starting to pick up the pace with his learning, he might be done earlier than I thought. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know," Katooni replied. "Just curious."

Ahsoka knew the reson was that Katooni wanted to be her Padawan. She wanted that too, but she had to train Lux first.

"Well," Katooni continued, "I can't wait to see your child. Have a great day!"

"You too, Katooni," Ahsoka replied. "May the force be with you."

She waved and ran away, and then went up to talk to Pedro.

Of course she starts talking to him, Ahsoka thought.

Ahsoka then felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey honey," Lux said from behind her.

"Oh, Lux..." she replied.

"I told you they'd support you," he continued.

"I know," she replied. "Say, when do you think we should reveal the gender of our baby?"

"I'm not one for gender reveal parties," Lux said. "Mom said she made mine a little too... extravagant."

"How so?" Ahsoka said.

"Pyrotechnic device backfired," he said. "Blue dust and confetti got everywhere. Thankfully nobody got hurt."

He sighed.

"I miss her a lot..." he said.

"Your mother?" Ahsoka replied.

"Yeah," he said. "She never was the biggest fam of the Jedi, but... something tells me she'd be proud of me. And you, of course."

Lux took a deep breath.

"Hey," he continued, "If it's a girl, can we name her Mina?"

"I'll throw that one on the list," Ahsoka replied.

The two giggled, and kissed each other gently on the lips.