𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

Start from the beginning

I washed the tomatoes and put them on the cutting board, the knife blade sinking down into the vegetable with ease. I cut them into thin little slices, the corners of my lips curling up when Natalia played some soft music, the melodic instruments meshing together beautifully.

"You don't strike me as someone who listens to jazz." I commented, slicing the tomato cuts into even tinier pieces.

Nat giggled, cutting some cloves of garlic and rubbing it on the slices of bread, "I may not like Steve, but his taste in music is something I can stand. I guess I've never really gotten into music much with everything that's happened, but I think I'm going to now."

I smiled at her, setting down the knife once the tomatoes were finished being cut, and grabbing Natalia's hand, spinning her around slowly in our kitchen. A bubbly giggle brushed past her plump lips and my heart soared at the sound. Pulling the ginger into me, we both danced and swayed before I dipped her, watching her back arch up as my hand was placed on the small of her back, her head falling back as I ever so slightly leaned down and placed a few tender kisses to her exposed neck. Natalia let out a small sigh, standing up as her lips barely just brushed over mine, sending sparks throughout my bones.

"At last my love has come along. My lonely days are over.." The ginger softly sang against my lips before closing the gap between us. The kiss was slow, full of all the words that her and I never got to say being apart. It was filled with so much love, understanding, and-and- well, it took the breath out of me.

Our lips pulled apart with a soft smack and her cheeks, as well as mine I'm sure, were tinted a light pink from the romantic actions that had ensued.

"I love you." I mumbled quietly, afraid to ruin the calm atmosphere we had put ourselves in. Nat grinned, cupping my cheek and kissing me once more before whispering those three words against my lips like a confession.

She then pulled apart, both of us getting back into making the dinner we would be sharing with Clint and his family, as well as Bucky who said that he would be delighted to come along. I wondered how he was adjusting to things here, if he and Steve were still good friends.

As soon as I was done setting down the last dish on the kitchen table, there was a knock at the door and I told Nat that I would get it. Opening the door I smiled softly at Clint and his family.

"Hey," Clint grinned, holding up a bottle of wine with a ribbon wrapped around it, "I brought some wine."

"Clint!" Nat came running around the corner, embracing his wife into a hug as I took the wine from Clint with a warm thank you, inviting them into our home.

"Wow this place is nice. Babe, I think we should have Fury build us another place." The archer joked and the brunette haired woman playfully rolled her eyes, "What so you can have more rooms in the house to make projects out of?"

Clint just giggled in response, "Revna, this is my wife Laura. My sons Cooper and Nathaniel, and my daughter Lila."

"Nice to meet you." I said, smiling warmly at Laura and the kids when I heard Cooper gasp.

"Dad, she has a metal arm! That is the coolest thing ever!! When I get older, I want to have a metal arm!" He grinned, bouncing up and down. I giggled, taken back by his excitement and interest as he just kept looking at it.

"Can I touch it?" He asked me and I instantly looked at Clint to gage his reaction. He knows what kind of person I am-used to be. Did he trust me that much? Clint's eyes sparkled in amusement and he gave me all the answers I needed without saying anything.

"Sure." I shrugged, holding my arm out and Cooper started slowly running his nimble fingers along the metal, gasping and cooing under his breath before he started playing with my fingers. I felt a presence next to me and looked over to see Nat curl herself into my side, grabbing and squeezing my other hand.

There was another knock at the door and I knew that was probably Bucky. Nat let go of me and told me that she would get it.

"You guys want a tour?" I asked.

-

"I would say the dinner went well." I said, gathering all of the dirty dishes and putting them in the soapy water while Natalia put away the leftovers in the fridge, rolling up her sleeves and joining me at the sink.

Nat hummed, "I think so too. It was nice to have a meal like that all together. I'm glad Bucky was able to come."

"Me too."

Both of us fell into a soft rhythm as I washed the dishes and Natalia would dry them, then put them away. This went on for a while until a lightbulb went off inside of my head. I gathered a handful of bubbles, throwing them at Natalia when she turned around and laughed loudly when it got on her nose and chin. Natalia narrowed her eyes at me, a certain playfulness to them as she gathered some bubbles and threw them at me. I laughed harder, hearing her join in as we started throwing soapy bubbles at each other, soaking our clothes and floor in water.

My eyes widened when Natalia grabbed two handfuls of bubbles and smirked at me, charging me and I ran, slipping on the water on the floor and falling, Natalia falling on top of me with a joyous laugh. My hands fell to her hips as she delicately put one of the bubbles on my nose, making me scrunch it up before blowing it off. Nat giggled, her head tilting to the side ever so lightly and before she could respond, words were already barreling out of my mouth.

"Marry me."

Her breath caught in her throat, her emerald eyes glazing over as we both laid on the wet kitchen floor, soaked in water and bubble residue but I wouldn't have it any other way. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this woman. Natalia Romanova was my forever and there was no question about it.

"Yes."

Fin.

a/n: that's the end of the second book in the Shades of series! I hope you enjoyed this book because the story isn't over! Shades of Green will be out very soon! thank you all for the support on this book, I do enjoy reading all of your comments ☺️ I hope you all have a wonderful day/night my loves ❣️