Prologue

"Please, just let us go!" A young woman laying on the floor kept scooting back as much as she could, trying to escape while attempting to reason with her assailant at the same time.

"Hmm....no I don't think I will." The voice, cold and unfeeling.

Laying on the kitchen floor next to her was her boyfriend, face down, blood glistening from the back of his head. Their attacker had hit him on the head from behind with his golf club and now inched towards her with a knife and a menacing look.

"Why are you doing this?" She couldn't keep the fear out of her voice or the tears from falling down her cheeks.

"You think I want to do this?" The response was laced with obvious annoyance. "It didn't have to be this way Jennifer, but you left me no choice. I gave you every opportunity to turn things around and do the right thing, but you're weak." The look Jennifer received from the face staring down at her now was filled with disgust.

"Please, I can change. I - I'll do whatever you want, just please don't hurt us." She glanced over at her boyfriend who was still unconscious.

The attacker snickered, "You think I believe a word you say now? I'm not stupid, Jennifer!" A hand slammed against the granite kitchen counter in anger so hard that the stinging could be felt in the air.

Jennifer flinched at the booming voice and fear took over every cell in her body.

"No, you had your chance and now time's up. It's a shame, I did like you. But, alas, it's time to say goodbye."

Jennifer started screaming and curled into a ball on the floor, wishing this nightmare was over.

Moments later, the killer stood over the two bodies, blood dripping from the blade.

What a pity that it had to come to this. And all over the new kitchen rug too. I helped Jennifer bring that into the house just last month. Now it's ruined.

From the killer's back pocket, a gloved hand reached in and took out a folded paper heart and carefully placed it between the slain lovers.

Drip, drip, drip.

Blood dripped from the blood soaked cold, steel blade onto the childlike origami paper heart. 

____________________________________________________________________

Thank you for checking out my new story! I hope this Prologue got you interested in the story! Ch. 1 coming right up! Don't forget to hit the star if you enjoyed this :-)