Miles and Miles Away

Start from the beginning

"George," Bad repeated, even softer. "What happened? Why are you acting like this?"

I let out a laugh despite there being nothing funny. "I fell in love with the scariest person to fall in love with."

Even Sapnap couldn't keep his angry stance. "What?" His tense shoulders relaxed and his scowl melted away.

"I-I didn't say anything," I quickly backtracked despite there being no use.

"Wait," Bad quickly scrambled to his feet. "What do you mean?"

"It means exactly what I just said it means," I said. "You know how absolutely terrifying it is to feel yourself slowly fall in love with your best friend? And you know that if you go for it, everything is going to change and there's a good chance that it'll never go back. God, I'm such an idiot!"

"It's okay to be scared, George."

"No, it's not!" I said louder than I intended, and both of them flinched. "He was the last person I wanted to fall in love with. Why would I ever want to ruin what we had? I have never had a friend like him. I can't lose him. I always thought that if I lose him, I lose myself. But none of that even mattered in the end. I lost him anyway."

It finally hit. Every single thought and feeling I had worked so hard to lock away was now coming out, and it was coming full force. It was like a box of black widow spiders had been poured all over me, and they bit every part of me they could reach.

I blinked, and my vision became blurred with tears. I didn't want to cry. That would only make it more real than it already was. Sapnap and Bad glanced at each other before looking back at me.

"Why didn't you just tell Dream that?" Sapnap asked.

"I tried! But just like everything else, I messed it up." As soon as one tear made its way out, the rest of them followed. Every single thing I had tried so hard to push away was coming out whether I liked it or not. The true reality of everything that happened settled in, and it wasn't pretty.

"It's okay, George," Bad said.

"Oh just stop, Bad. You're always telling me it's okay, but it's not. If it was okay, Dream and I would be married. We'd be happy. We wouldn't be half an hour away from each other. Nothing is okay."

Sapnap exhaled slowly and said, "Bad doesn't mean things are okay now. He's saying things will be okay soon."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't see how. I'm going back to London soon, and Dream and I haven't talked since the courthouse."

Sapnap frowned. "We'll find a way. Come here." He pulled me into a tight hug. One that somehow sent all my emotions flowing right out of me. All my anger and frustration came out along with the heartache and pain I had endured throughout the past few days.

I wanted so badly for Sapnap to be Dream. To just hug him again and apologize for every single stupid mistake I ever did. I wanted another chance to get it right. I wanted to wake up in the middle of the night to his sleep kicks, and I wanted to catch him asleep in the kitchen with Patches curled up next to him again. I craved so badly for any kind of connection with him. I missed him so much that it was eating away at my skin.

But in the end, it was still Sapnap. Dream was still miles and miles away from me, and that wasn't just physically either.

"Well..." Bad said. "It's still somewhat early. It's not like Dream's sleeping anytime soon."

"What do you mean?"

Bad shrugged. "We can drop by again with George this time. I think everybody's tired of the fighting."

"Would he forgive me?" I asked, breaking away from Sapnap. My heart pounded hard against my chest.

"I think he would."

Adrenaline shot through my veins, "Can we go?"

Sapnap interfered. "Wait, this is a make or break kind of thing, George. What are you even going to say?"

I wiped my eyes with the sleeves of my sweater. "Everything I've been meaning to say."

======
Something I've been dying to ask since the angst started: what do you guys think of George now that you got to hear his side of the story?

Do you guys wanna see Dream's pov? I saw some comments about that. He has some pretty interesting scenes like him and Sapnap's conversations George couldn't hear or how he feels about George. I'll only write it if enough ppl wanna see it tho lol imma say 100 comments on this paragraph