Your stubborness

"Fine" you mumbled under your breath but he still caught it. The blond furrowed his eyebrows as he stared down at you, almost glaring daggers into your skull.

"What the hell do you mean with fine? I can see that you aren't 'fine'" he retorted, his voice a little harsher than intended but he couldn't help it. This was going on for days and with every passing second and every "fine" you threw his way, he felt more like exploding. 

Not literally, of course.

"Just forget it. It is no big deal" you sighed as you opted to tell him about what was actually going on but any words that could reveal your true emotions just couldn't be formed in your mouth, so you just put on a fake smile and hoped to get through this evening, so you could be alone with your hunting thoughts at night again.

Unfortunately, Bakugou wasn't as ignorant as a lot of people thought him to be. He was just very selective about what he cared about and what not and you were definitely on the list of what he cared about. A lot.

Bakugou sensed your bad mood the moment you stepped into his apartment. Since this wasn't the first time this week that you were in a sour mood he wasn't even surprised. He just hoped that today was the day you would talk about it but he forgot how stubborn you could be. 

The explosion hero respected that you were a closed off person but he was still a little bit worried, even if one were to believe that he was just annoyed with your behavior.

You just weren't ready to talk about it yet. You guessed that Bakugou sensed that something was up but you had a hard time to open up which was why you usually tried to solve your problems on your own before talking to others and even if you weren't able to solve the problem, you needed time for yourself to think about it until you felt comfortable enough to ask for help. Admittedly, that could be a long process. 

"You know, I'm just trying to help, freak. I know that you favor to run from confrontations but you would make it a lot easier for me and you if you were to drop this shitty act and tell me what is bothering you, so I can take fucking care of it and you can go back to being your dumb but at least not fake self" Bakugou reasoned while he paced up and down in front of the couch you sat on. Even his hand movements were a bit wild, showing how all this affaected him, too.

"Well, and I'm saying I am fine!" you ruffled your hair, a sign that all of this put you off even more. You needed time. Just time. That's what you repeated over and over in your mind.

"You fucking aren't!" The blond barked, not giving up until you at least let him comfort you in any way.

"I am!" you didn't know how often you gave the same answer by now but you felt like you ran on repeat. 

"You're fucking not!" He hissed.

"You cannot do anything about it, anyway" those words slipped out due to frustration. You didn't want to fight with him. It would make anything worse. Deep down you knew that you could end all of this by just opening your mouth to spill the beans but it was so hard to show such a vulnerable side of you. A part of you wanted to but a stronger part of you kept you from it. 

"So there is something wrong!" He concluded, hoping that your mask would finally crack.

"Forget it!" your voice was just slightly unsteady but the red eyed male didn't miss it. His eyes softened as he watched you holding back tears. He knew you were about to cry and even if he didn't want to see you sad he thought that it would still be better to let it all out now than trying to keep it all in. At the end, he hates your fake smiles even more than what you looked like right now.

"Come on, tell me whatever shit happened to you" The hero whispered softly as he slowly moved closer. When you didn't react he sat down next to you, pulling you closer by your shoulder before one of his hands found the back of your head to press your face into his chest. The second your head hit his chest you let go of your tears. Your body started to shake as your sobs ripped through the air. You finally reached your breaking point. 

"Shh, everything will be okay. I've got you. I'm here" he pulled you onto his lap, making sure you were as close to him as possible. Sobs still racking through you, you started to wrap your arms around his neck before nuzzling closer. 

At least you felt save.

"That's right, dumbass. Let everything out..." The male trailed of, trying his hardest to calm you down. Bakugou was clearly a talented young man but comforting someone wasn't his strong suite. Thankfully, being close to him already seemed to do the trick for you because he felt how your body started to slightly relax. 

"I know and I'm sorry. I-, it's just so much that is on my mind" you mumbled, your sobs were starting to die down now, too. 

"It's such a pain in the ass that I will have to lose sleep about some bullshit but if you need time to talk about it, then so be it" he huffed, averting his eyes slightly but his grip around you never lessened. 

It took a few hours but at least you felt better and less alone after you had opened up about everything to Bakugou.

Yeah, you were definitely stubborn but luckily, Bakugou was just as stubborn to break through every one of your walls.