Part 2 chapter 1.

Continues from chapter 4 of Part one.

The decision

Amadea's POV

My parents brought me a lot of pain.

They really  are determined to marry me off to Mallam Riku but I'm not going to give up on my dream.

I am twelve for God's sake and they are willing to get me married to a man that could easily be my grandfather.

But I'm easily the most determined person I know and I'm going to do anything to achieve my dreams even if it means deserting my family.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
THIRD PERSON'S POV

Amadea tightly gripped the small duffel bag filled with all her possessions—which were not much to begin with and peered into her father's room.

He was passed out on the floor surrounded by beer bottles.

She sighed and made her way to the sitting room where her mother was fast asleep on the couch.

She would miss her mother. She may not have been the best mother but she was the only one she had.

Her father of course couldn't care less about her.

She studied her mother's face one last time trying to commit it to her memory because she was pretty sure this was the last time she would see her.

She opened the front door of the house she had lived in since birth and made her way out of it.

She had a lot of memories here , more bad than good but still it was home.

She turned around one last time as a silent farewell and made her way out of her town and out of her parents' life.

She had stolen some money from her mother. 

She felt guilty because it was more than likely borrowed but she pushed the feelings of guilt away.

She just had to get away from her town before sunrise because most of the young girls in her town would be awake by then preparing for the festival and if she was seen by anyone..... She didn't even want to think about it......

Back to Amadea's point of view)

I got to the train station just outside my town and bought myself a ticket to Mymli, about three towns away from my town.

It was about an hour after sunrise, yet the train station was buzzing with activity. I didn't expect to see so many people here but oh well, what do I know?

I sat down on an empty bench and tried to get some rest before the journey would start.

I could see and feel a lot of people staring at me. 

I mean it's not everyday you see a young girl at a train station without an adult and basically at dawn, especially since the Ayaya festival was today. 

They are probably wondering why I'm not preparing for the festival with my peers.

Still I wish they would just mind their businesses.

I began to think of what I would do when I got to Mymli.

From what I'd heard about it mostly from my mother it was a magnificent place.

It was the hub of all commercial activities and was really civilized and the best thing was that there were no festivals like the Ayaya festival and My parents would never find me here.

My mum used to tell me stories of a time when she lived in Mymli with a cousin until he got married and her presence in his house seemed to cause problems between his wife and him and eventually she'd left to give him some peace.

She had no where to go until she'd stumbled on my father.

He had come to Mymli to sell some of his crops and he decided to take her with him to his hometown and to his house.

She'd married him as a way to thank him. There wasn't love between them then  and even after fifteen years together.

I could recall the name of my mother's cousin ( he was Malkin Malio) and I  hoped this information would be enough to find him and hopefully he won't share the same views as my  parents.

It shouldn't be that hard to find him right? 

I could here the call for the passengers going to Mymli and I quickly went into the train after showing my ticket of course.

I went to my seat and got ready for the journey ahead.

No turning back now.
I could feel someone tapping me, I tried to shrug their hand off but they just kept trying to rouse me from sleep.

Knowing that it's probably my mum waking me up for school, I finally opened my eyes.

My gaze met the eyes of an unfamiliar but kind looking old woman. Seeming satisfied with waking me up, she left the train without a word.

I finally looked around and the memories came flooding back.

Oh! right, I ran away. My mum would probably never wake me up again.

Clutching my bag tightly I made my way out of the train and immediately I knew what the fuss was about Mymli.

Even the air here is different.

I knew why it was the Hub for commercial activities.

The number of people at this train station alone are probably more than half of the population of my town.

My stomach growled loudly and I realized that I hadn't eaten all day and running away does take a lot of energy from you.

I could see a snack vendor and I walked towards her hoping that her snacks would at least be cheap because I had almost exhausted the money I had stolen from my mum.

I told the woman I wanted to purchase some of her snacks but she kept looking confused.

Right. How could I forget? They speak a different language here. Hopefully we used the same currency.

I sighed and pointed at the snack I wanted to purchase and the held up 2 fingers, probably signifying how much I was supposed to pay for it.

I lifted a single note of money and showed it to her, as a way of asking if we used the same currency.

She looked at me with pity in her eyes and just gave the snacks to me.
I gave her the money but she shook her head and refused to collect it.

She simply waived it off.

I said thank you and I could only hope she understood.

I took a deep breath and walked out of the train station thinking of my next course of action.

All I have to do now is find my mother's cousin, Malkin Malio.
How hard can that possibly be right?