tokyo disneyland (part 2/3)

a/n: Just a shout-out to the awesome miez13! Go check out the brilliant stories!! :D

The picture isn't a denim but it's from the video that made us all scream because it might be Brett in Eddy's jacket or vice versa :) (I forgot which video it's from oops)

Brett sat propped up on his bed, scrolling through his phone for a few hours until he heard the front door open.

He wandered out of his room to greet his friends, and was surprised to see Eddy's girlfriend coming back alone. He opened his mouth to say hi, but proceeded to blink in confusion as the girl gave him an icy glare and stomped into the room she was sharing with Eddy, slamming the door with a loud 'bang'. Brett winced at the noise, rubbing his temple as he felt the headache returning.

He curled up on the couch lazily with his phone and shivered, even with the heater on. The front door opened a second time, but Brett didn't bother to look up again. Whoever came in would greet him anyways.

He jumped slightly when he felt a piece of cloth wrap around his bare arms. He took a whiff at the cloth and almost purred. It was Eddy's familiar smell on his favourite denim jacket.

Of course it was Eddy.

"...always so careless...take care of yourself...pfhh...idiot." Brett heard Eddy muttering to himself as he shuffled around the couch and plopped down beside him, sighing heavily.

"What's with you and your girl?" Brett tested the waters cautiously.

Eddy rolled his eyes, "We argued. More like she yelled at me."

Brett raised his eyebrow. They usually got along very well. Heck, he'd never seen them argue or fight, thanks to Eddy being the sweetheart he is and agreeing with his girlfriend with basically everything. He didn't push on, instead waiting for Eddy to continue.

"We left Disney a couple of hours ago. The team wanted to go out for a drink, but she was tired and wanted to come back. She asked me to come back with her, but I wanted to get you some meds. Can't have my best friend sick and unattended, ay?" Eddy chuckled at his own joke as he fished into his back pocket and threw the box of medicine at Brett. Brett caught it and smiled, though the 'best friend' label stung. "She asked me again, but I stood firm and told her that I would be getting you medicine and told her to come back by herself. She got mad and yelled at me."

Brett sighed and patted Eddy's shoulder comfortingly. Eddy rubbed his eyes sleepily and rested his head automatically on Brett's shoulder. He neither felt Brett's frozen form nor saw the light pink on Brett's cheeks.

---

They had gone back to Brisbane a few months ago. Things had not been going on well between Eddy and his girlfriend. The amount of arguments and fights surged after that one night in Tokyo.

Eddy suggested taking her on a trip to mend their relationship. He consulted Brett on holiday plans. Brett, being the good friend he is, ignored the sharp jab at his heart and agreed to help Eddy with his plans. They finally decided on a month-long visit to Vienna.

Brett didn't see them off on the day of their flight. Eddy had told him to get some sleep since they were taking a midnight flight. Brett didn't bother to insist. He was secretly glad that Eddy had unknowingly spared him the pain of watching the love of his life enjoy himself with his girlfriend.

He tried to numb his pain by practicing all day for a whole month. He rarely went outside, only going out once to stock up his groceries. He also tried to stay away from any social media or communication devices. Hiding was the only option he had to prevent himself from breaking down.