10 | eatery

"Where are you going?" Jennie asked Taehyung, who was currently tucking his polo underneath his pants.

"I don't need to answer you. You're not my wife."

It's been two days after the night of the incident when he brought a girl inside their home. She admittedly thought that he was concern for her that's why he defended her, but maybe he was too drunk to even think straight.

It's like nothing happened. It seemed like he forgot.

"You could have answered rather than being bitchy." She mumbled.

She was surprised herself that she was able to talk back against him, although not at his face but still, she made a comeback.

"What did you say?" He raised a brow while putting his jacket on.

"Huh? I didn't say anything." She answered innocently.

He could only chuckle sarcastically as he clearly heard her mumbles a while back. "Go ahead and lie. Like that's the only thing you're good at."

She only brushed his reply off and pretended to not hear anything. She hated how she still gets hurt every time he brought up her previous lies.

All the while, he didn't notice that she was wearing a uniform for her work. Well, she was finally given the chance to become a waitress to where she used to be a dishwasher. It took a month but she was grateful with how her boss allowed her to have the job even after all the rumors

"What are you wearing?" He looked at her from head to toe, eyeing her long sleeve button down shirt and a pencil skirt that cuts above her knees. Her uniform wasn't skimpy nor revealing but he wasn't comfortable with it.

"I don't need to answer you. You're not my husband." She couldn't help herself but answer back in reference to his previous statement.

He pressed his tongue against his cheek and took a few steps forward until they're only a foot away. He threateningly looks at her but she courageously looked back.

"Being brave, huh?"

She didn't answer and only raised her chin. Honestly, she wanted to back down but she had enough of the disrespect.

It took a moment for them to not make a move but then he chuckled. He pursed his lips as he walked to the kitchen cabinet and opened a bottle of alcohol.

Thinking their argument was over, Jennie went straight to the door but was stopped when she felt a cold liquid splashed against her back. Instinctively, she turned around to face the source of it but was again greeted by another splashing of liquid in front of her.

She was now soaking wet with the strong scent of alcohol adapting to her skin.

"Guess who needs to change back to their baggy clothes?"

Satisfied with the sight, he chugged the few alcohol left in the bottle and threw it in the trash.

Jennie was fuming with anger till her eyes brimmed with tears. She was finally given the trust to her new job and she doesn't want to disappoint her boss.

Her thoughts however was disturbed as she heard a chuckling Taehyung coming near her. She was taken aback when he ruffled her hair before going out.