07 | lie

Jimin just got home from the hospital, where he works as a residential doctor, a well-respected one at a very young age. He placed his coat down and hastily dialed his phone to ask for an update from a private investigator he hired last week.

Unfortunately, akin with the past days, the call ended with no development. He frustratingly grabbed his hair and threw his phone away, thinking how his sister was doing with a stranger.

It's been days since they last seen each other and he hasn't heard anything from Jennie as she had been avoiding his calls. As much as he wanted to go and see her, he was smart enough to control himself, thinking someone might be watching his moves.

He's not afraid for his life though, he's more concerned with his beloved sister's safety.

He flinched in his position, reflexively looking up to where the sudden noise came from. He stood up, masking his scared emotion with a more confident one.

"Who's there?"

He stood frozen in his position but took a step back once he saw a silhouette of a tall man that was slowly moving closer to him.

Once the dim light hit the stranger's face, Jimin's orbs widened as he takes in the features of the familiar man he had never thought he'll be seeing again. He looks completely different with his tattoos and piercings but he's still the same person.

The man was holding a picture frame which he had just obtained from Jimin's bedroom, showing the latter and his sister smiling when they were kids. He pressed on the picture lightly, pained with the sight of the girl's innocence he knew was completely gone.

He then let go of it and smirked once his eyes landed on Jimin's trembling body.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook placed his one hand inside his pocket and roamed around his place, evidently amused with the doctor's recognitions that are plastered on the wall.

"How have you been, brother-in-law?"

Jimin's body started to weaken as confusion, shock and horror flooded his system.

"It can't be. You're dead."

Jungkook hummed in response before looking at him with a mischievous grin.

"That's what I also thought but I'm still here. Now, where's my Jennie Kim?"

* flashback *

"Can you stop following me, Mister?" Jennie said irritatingly as she looked at the man who was casually walking beside her.

"Jungkook." He replied.

"What?"

"I said my name is Jungkook."

"Okay, Mr. Jungkook. Can you shoo away and bother some other girl? I'm working and you're just being a pain in the ass."

She hastened her pace and left him there. But like a leech he has been for the past days, he followed her.

"Yah! I told you to leave me alone!"

She suddenly stopped from her tracks and faced him to which he did not see coming. He accidentally hit her, causing her to lose her balance but he was fast enough to wrap his arms around her to prevent her from falling.

She pushed him away after feeling the uneasiness with their close contact. His scent filling her lungs, his breath hitting her face, and his hands holding her waist - they were sending tingles all over her body.