2 2 | C A R S

when you gotta add one last happy chapter before foyet shows back up

|||

[5.7]

"we are having a ren and reid book club as soon as you get back, mister"

"Why do you have a drumstick shoved in your cast?" Reid asked when Florence took her seat in the briefing room

"Why do you have a drumstick shoved in your cast?" Reid asked when Florence took her seat in the briefing room. JJ had just called them in for a case, and they were some of the first ones there. Florence had had her cast on for about a month, and it was covered in signatures and drawings from everyone she knew.

"Oh, uh, Reggie stole it from Alex and gave it to me to use as an itching stick," she explained. "I really appreciate it. I was using a pencil, but I lost it. This thing is way too big to lose."

"You... lost it?" he asked, tilting his head.

"I mean, it's not lost. It's in there somewhere," she said, shaking her arm. "Guess I'll get it back when they cut this bad boy off in a few weeks."

"Is the pencil the only thing you've lost down there?" Hotch asked, glancing at it.

"Um, there's at least a nickel and coffee stirrer in here. There's a tube of chapstick in there too, but that's on purpose. I keep it where I can reach it for whenever I need it."

He made a face, thinking about how gross it probably was. Hotch refrained from asking more questions as everyone filed in the briefing room. Once everyone had a seat, JJ got started, going over the specifics of the case.

"The latest victim is Tara Farris, twenty," she said while passing out the files. "She's the third victim in two weeks. All found on freeway off-ramps by commuters."

"Well, he's not hiding them," Hotch noted.

"An LA freeway during morning rush hour? He wants them found," Rossi said.

"Quickly."

"Well, they're still dressed. That minimizes the shock value," Prentiss said.

"Maybe he's concerned for them. Think he wants them taken care of?" Reid asked.

"No signs of sexual assault on any of the victims," JJ told them.

"Look how pale she is," Rossi observed.

"I mean, she is goth," Florence muttered. Though it likely wasn't just makeup making her look that shade.

"All of them were severely hypovolemic. Tara had less than a pint of blood in her," JJ said.

"Look at this," Reid said, looking at the file. "The first two had more than three pints each. If exsanguination is the goal, the unsub is definitely becoming more proficient."