1 2 | R E G G I E

[4.13]

"this may have been a mistake"

"Ren, what are you thinking so hard about?"

Florence blinked a few times before looking at Rossi and Prentiss, who were watching her. She had been sitting on top of Morgan's desk and staring off at nothing, though she occasionally nodded her head. It was odd, so Prentiss couldn't help but ask.

"Oh, I was just thinking about Barbie and the Twelve Dancing Princesses," she replied, brushing some pink hair out of her face.

"Why are you thinking about a children's movie?" Prentiss asked with a smile.

Florence narrowed her eyes. "As opposed to what? Homicide?"

Rossi chuckled and shook his head. "She has a point, Emily."

As Florence started an in-depth analysis of her favorite Barbie movie, Todd quickly brushed past them and into Hotch's office. They were sure that meant there was a new case, and their suspicions were confirmed moments later when Hotch and Todd entered the bullpen.

"Dave," Hotch called to get his attention.

"What's going on?"

"We got a missing ten-year-old girl, home invasion. Parents were killed in their sleep."

"Where's our clock?"

"Eight hours and counting," Hotch replied.

"I'll find Morgan and Reid and tell them we're on the move," Prentiss said, running off.

Florence hopped off of Morgan's desk. "Garcia and I will start looking into the family."

"Good. Wheels-up in thirty."

|||

The kidnapping case was certainly odd. After searching the house and also speaking to the father of Cate, the girl who was taken, there wasn't much to go on. But things took a turn when Cate turned up, alive and on the side of the hallway. While Prentiss interviewed her, Hotch called Florence and Garcia with a task.

"Garcia."

"Oh, captain, my captain," she greeted.

"I need a list of crimes involving partners within a ninety-mile radius of Harvest in the last two years."

"All crimes?" Florence asked, frowning. That was gonna be a long list if so.

"Anything," Hotch specified. "Violent crimes, break-ins, whatever's in the system. I need to be able to show Cate some mugshots."

"You got it. One scumbag yearbook coming up," Garcia said before hanging up. Then she turned to Florence. "You take this year and I'll take the last."