³⁰| Settling In and Investments

Start from the beginning

I had Griphook, in disguise, offer them a little more than what was strictly necessary all was fair if it was in the name of revenge. It wasn't exactly revenge but letting wizards live in their perfectly normal home is revenge enough for me.

It was one of my brilliant ideas. From what Griphook and the others have said there is no magic-only village or town other than Hogsmeade. So I thought about buying out the entirety of Little Whinging, which isn't that large, and build it into a magical community. I wanted to name it Salazar's pit since there was a place called Godric's Hollow - it was only fair. And later on expand to Rowena's Aerie and Helga's Burrow.

I looked through the shares that he had bought, he had already started to acquire shares from the muggle companies as well as the magical. I had started to read the Daily Prophet, which I already owned thirty per cent of. Griphook worked fast, I had to think up a suitable reward. But it was extremely hard to buy shares of the Daily Prophet as they were mainly in the Ministry's hands, but they couldn't have majority shares or the public may sue them saying that they were spreading propaganda. But it didn't mean they had any less sway over the company. The Ministry's claws were sunken deep into the Prophet's hide. The Prophet was a beast many had tried to conquer but failed. I would be the first to do it and take it out of the Ministry's hands and make into a reputable Newsletter and not waste of parchment and filled with lies and slander.

When I was contemplating how to reward Griphook, Remus walked in after knocking politely, accompanying Griphook. We spoke about all my properties and updating all their wards or re-inforcing them. He talked about investing in start-up wizarding businesses like a new printing company that had been opened in Diagon Alley, a place that sold invitations, menus and others. It sounded good and I told him to invest in whatever he thought will make me money, but to let Remus know first.

Before he left he gave me the Potter Lordship ring and McGonagall Heirship ring  It was a heavy gold ring with a large Ruby that seemed to have an inner fire that made it gleam. The Heirship ring however had a Silver Band that was beautifully but simply decorated with a Ruby as well.

 The Heirship ring however had a Silver Band that was beautifully but simply decorated with a Ruby as well

^^^The Potter Lordship Ring^^^

^^^ McGonagall Heirship Ring^^^

From what I had read from the previous issues of the Prophet, Reeta Skeeter was the leading journalist and gossip starter. She had the power to make or break someone in her hands, as she was the most popular writer in the British Isles, on the magical side at least.

I had to set a meeting with her after I buy majority shares of the prophet.

That night when I was getting ready for bed, Killian's arms wrapped around my waist and held me close to him. He breathed in my scent and let out a content sigh. "I love you, Harry". I chuckled, "I love you too, darling. How was your day?" I asked conversationally as I slipped into my pyjamas. He flopped onto our bed and groaned dramatically, "It was dreadful. I missed you". I just smiled at his antics and climbed onto the bed. He snapped his fingers, which left him in just his boxers, for me to admire his gorgeous body.

I smirked at him, "So sexy, love" I said smiling at him. "Only for you" he joked back. I just grinned and snuggled up to him. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. I burrowed my face into his sculpted chest and breathed in his tantalising scent. I placed my hand right over his heart and closed my eyes and let myself drift off, lulled to sleep by the rhythm of his heartbeat.