6- The Café

Peter Parker POV

So today was Friday, the day I was supposed to meet Ms.Romanoff. And I was completely 100% not freaking out right now. Like, I know I was tired last time and stupidly agreed to this but seriously??? It could be a trap for all I know! She's a super spy, and I am a stupid teenager. MJ is trying to convince me to not show, but I can't. I said I'd be there, so I will. Oh, yea, MJ's back from vacation early.

"How about this? I go in first and survey the restaurant. If it's a trap, I'll let you know." That really was a great plan, but there are a few issues with it.

"What if I need a fast escape, or she asks me an answer I don't know how to answer?"

"You can wear a microphone and earbud, so I can hear what is happening and tell you what to do."

"I can just wear a microphone though, I can hear you with my enhanced hearing, and it would probably draw less attention." It could be compromising if the Black Widow realized that I was talking to someone in the restaurant, and that can very easily be identified.

"Oh yea, so I'll be wearing an earpiece so I can hear you, but I'll just speak out loud."

"Yea, that seems like the best option." After that, we talked a bit more before we both got ready and headed out.

~~Lee wants to tell everyone to go and get a glass of water!~~

I was on the rooftop of the cafe, and MJ just went in. I can't sense any danger, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any.

"I don't see anything. She's not even here yet. Just be careful you don't tell her too much. She's a spy that knows how to get information out of the toughest people. Remember that idiot." Taking note of her warning, I go in and get a table to wait. I can't really talk to MJ without blowing our cover, so I'm scrolling through my phone, err, well, part of it. I made it out of parts I found out of the dumpster. The only reason it works is due to all of the duct tape on it. The restaurant was kinda slow today, so both MJ and I got seated quickly. She was on the other side of the restaurant, the better chance that we won't get caught. After a few minutes of waiting, the Black Widow walks in and heads over to my table. Here goes nothing.

"Hello," she greeted me as she slid into the booth next to me. She obviously was not trying to be subtle, with her in her black suit. I mean... to be fair, I am wearing red and blue spandex. There was no need to be subtle in the first place.

"Hey!" I said with a smile. There was a beat of silence before our waiter came to take our drink order. His nametag read Leo.

"Welcome to the Rainforest Cafe! What can I get for you today?"

"I'd like a glass of orange juice."

"I'll have water, please."

This is already going to drain my non-existant wallet. I don't need to add soda to the mix. Also, I don't do too well on too much sugar. The good thing is I can't afford sugar, so it isn't a problem too often.

"Alright, I'll be right out with that!" Then Leo left.

"So, uh, how's your week been going?"

"Fine, besides having my colleagues chase you, how has yours been?"

"It's been good" wow, I am excellent at conversations.

"How has your family been?"

"They're good." I miss Aunt May... But I think I did a good job lying!

"SM, you are a horrible liar," I heard from across the room. That wasn't good if THE Black Widow knew about my family situation... And if MJ knew I was lying, then obviously Black Widow would know! Ok, Peter, let's not panic.

"Here's your drinks! What can I get you to order today?"