~90~ Proposal~2

Start bij het begin

"Unfortunately, not as much as you guys all do," Grandpa says sadly..

Grandpa then goes up to dad. "Can I hold her?"

Dad just nods and hands Sasha to him.

"She is absolutely perfect," he says, stroking her cheek.

He takes her back to where Justin and Jake are standing, so they can see her, and I take this free moment to introduce dad and Lilah.

"Hey Lilah, you haven't met my dad yet—This is Alex," I say, pointing to dad. "Dad, this is Taylor's sister, Lilah," I say, pointing to Lilah.

The moment they both look at each other, I know instantly that mom was right. They are perfect for each other—She is just as attracted to him as he is to her.

"It's nice to meet you, Alex," she says, shaking his hand.

"You too, Lilah," he says, grinning dopier than I have ever seen him grin before.

They immediately start talking, and they don't shut up. Could Lilah really be my aunt/step-mom?

Yes, I think she could be.

Jake comes over to me, and to my surprise, gives me a hug. "Ruin any more gyms lately?" He asks with a teasing grin.

"Nah. I cleaned out a gas station, though."

"Graduation is coming up. Any ideas what you want to do with your life?" He asks, still smiling.

"Actually, I think I might—Stay tuned"

He just smiles and nods.

"Ok, guys, cut the chit-chat. They're here. Alex, grab Sasha and you and Liam get to the front. Everyone else, find a spot on the path to stand on," Megan screeches.

She's lucky she's so hot or I'd glare at her!

This place is packed. Between all the people at the firehouse, grandpa, Jake, and Justin, Taylor's dad, Lilah, and us three, it looks like a mountain of people are here.

After a few minutes we see them. Taylor is holding mom's hand and they are getting closer. The moon is so bright, and the sky is so clear, that they are literally getting engaged under billions of twinkling stars. This night couldn't be more perfect.

I finally see mom open her mouth. She finally sees us, and she sees the beautiful lights, roses, candles, and tulle. She knows exactly what's going on. I already feel like crying. I feel like a girl, but this really is just so perfect.

Taylor looks at her, and gives her hand a small squeeze. They continue walking down the path, passing all of us. They finally get to the end, where the archway is, and Taylor turns around to face her. He keeps her hands in his as he kneels down on his right knee.

As he starts talking, his voice is strong. He isn't nervous at all.

"Eleanor Jane Freeman, you came into my life like a little tornado, flipping my world entirely upside down. Before you I was lonely and miserable. I never knew what happiness was until you showed up. I have never loved anyone the way that I love you. Nobody has ever made me happier than you have. Nobody will ever love you as deeply as I will. If you will have me, I promise I will spend the rest of my life making you, Liam, and Sasha feel the way you make me feel. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He asks. He did absolutely perfect, until the very end. His voice cracked on the word "wife"

There is silence for a moment as mom processes what he just said.

After no more than three seconds, mom suddenly smiles a huge, completely happy smile and nods her head. "Yes" she says. I can see tears spilling down her face.

Cheers erupt. Deafening, ear splitting cheers from everybody who loves them and has cheered them on all these years. I can't help it anymore. I'm just so happy—The tears spill down my face. I look over, and Dad, Lilah, Keegan, Diego, Megan, and Jake all have tears too.

He stands up and kisses her—A deep, passionate kiss. He's smiling like a school boy; I've never seen him this happy. He reaches in his pocket and gets the ring. He slides it on effortlessly. She doesn't even glance at it. She just kisses him again.

I take Sasha from dad, and go up to them. They immediately wrap us up in their hug.

We are a family. A real, true family.

Everyone stays and celebrates for a good couple of hours. Megan and Julia prepared a spread of food, and cake. They even have a DJ. The shift that's actually working tonight comes out and joins us.

This has been the best night.

Sasha ends up falling asleep in Jake's arms. Jake comes over to mom and gives her a huge hug. "I'm so happy for you. You deserve this," he says, squeezing her arm. Then he looks at Taylor and shakes his hand with the arm that doesn't have Sasha. "I would tell you to take care of her, but I know I don't need to do that."

"Thanks Jake," Taylor says, clapping him on the back.

Everyone finally leaves, and we are ready to head home. Dad takes Lilah home, because she rode with her dad, and he was ready to leave before she was.

"See, I told you they are perfect for each other. Fate, baby. You can't mess with fate." Mom says, looking up at Taylor.

"I guess you're right, Ellie Jane...You can't mess with fate."