We sit in a comfortable silence as he drives us to the main library on campus. Thankfully, it's not the type of silence where I feel like I have to stab a knife into my leg to get myself to talk. Carter glances at me now and then but not trying to force small talk.

After the quick drive, he pulls into a parking spot closest to the entrance. We both get out of his car and he hands me my backpack. We walk to the doors of the library and Carter opens the door for me letting me walk in first. I can't tell if he was being polite or just doing that to check out my ass. We scan our Yale IDs at the entrance and continue our way inside.

I lead him over to my spot that I normally study near the corner where there is lots of natural light. I sense and see some eyes wandering over in my direction. I know for sure that he has not been to this library or a library at all. The way his eyes are skimming over all the aisles of books and study areas says it all. I sit down on the chair and pull my backpack off my shoulders. Carter follows my lead sitting at the seat across from me.

"Have you been to this library?" I ask because there are fourteen other libraries. "Or have you been to a library at all?" I joke.

"What makes you think that I haven't gone to this library or gone to a library at all?" He pulls out his laptop and notebook and puts it on the table.

"The way you were looking around and some people looked surprised to see you here. Also, the book worms that despise athletes looked at you as if you invaded their territory." I tilt my head at him and smile faintly. I pull my iPad and textbook out of my backpack setting it on the table.

"What you thought that I half-assed all my classes and just party?" He reads my mind and takes my silence as a yes.

"I don't know if you know this or not but kind of have a reputation." I sarcastically say pressing my lips together and raising my eyebrows at him.

"Wow, first you think I'm going an asshole because I have a first name as a last name. Now you probably think that I'm some airhead that probably uses mommy and daddy's money to pass my classes." He teases.

"Hey! Your words, not mine, and I never said anything about "mommy and daddy's" money." I try to defend myself. "But now that you brought it up. You use your parent's money to pass class?" I tsk at him trying to lighten the mood.

"No, I do not thank you very much. My parents taught me that if I wanted things I had to work for them." He tells me. "Whether you believe me or not but I worked to get here by myself without my parent's money." He pauses opening his laptop. "So before you ask this question, no my parents did not buy a library." He elaborated.

I laugh at what he said last. "I was not gonna ask that but nice to know. And if you say you got here on your own I believe you. You are a very straight up person." I tell him hoping he knows what I mean by that. I get my answer when he laughs at me. "But you never answered my question. Have you been to this library or a library at all?" I re-ask the question.

"I have been to a library but this is my first time at this library. I normally study at my apartment." He explains.

We slip into studying in the same comfortable silence from the car. After about ten minutes Carter looks up at me. "Let's play twenty questions. But since we're here to study I'll test you on the psych terms. If you get one right I get to ask you a question and If you get one wrong I won't ask you a question. Then you do the same for me." He explains the way he wants to do this.

"Okay, what's the first term?" I say accepting his offer to play.

"Empiricism." He reads off his laptop screen.