thirty nine

SELENE SAT IN HER MANAGER'S APARTMENT, HER EYES ON THE STACKS OF PAPER THAT HE WANTED HER TO SIGN.

She was supposed to be spending time with Harry not filling out a signature and signing off deals this early. She was annoyed if she was honest. She sighed loudly as she moved a page off of the stack. She had to read through all fifth teen pages. She was currently on seven.

All it basically summed up that she would co-write for a few artists who had yet to be named. She looked up at her manager, Theo, as he slid a cup of coffee to her. She smiled.

"Thanks."

"No problem. I know your not a morning person so I went ahead and fixed that for you," he told as he sat down on the stool beside her.

"Why won't you tell me who the artists are?" she asked.

"It's a surprise," he started. "Also, if you want to, there is a new deal for an Ep from you. If you don't want to do it then you don't have to."

She was doing better than she was in 2016 which meant that her music would sound different. Her old music was just her being depressive and lost in her identity. Now, she had something to look forward to. She hadn't realized how much her life had changed in the past two years. She was put into a band for Harry Styles, Mitch became her best friend, she started writing more for others, and now she was seeing Harry? She counted that as a win in her books.

"I haven't done any music for myself since 2016. I- I'll have to think about it but I'll get back to you sooner or later."

He nodded and watched as she scanned through the articles. Beep! Selene furrowed her eyebrows and pulled out her phone from her back pocket. Beep! It was Harry. She quickly unlocked her phone and looked at the messages he sent.

mi amor
Heeyyyy
When are you coming back? I miss you.

sunflower
i was just with you earlier you'll be fine. but i'll be back in an hour or so. calm down

She turned her phone back off and let her attention fall back to the papers.

"So when did you and Harry happen?" Theo asked, a smirk on his face.

She rolled his eyes. "I am not talking to you about this."

"Why not?"

"Because you do not let things go. And you'll probably embarrass me in front of him."

"But I want to knooowww," he whined.

Selene huffed. "Promise to not say anything embarrassing if you see him with me?"

Theo nodded. "Promise."

"Okay. I don't know when it exactly started happening but we had our first kiss on New Years. After that, we just started hanging out more and we we've went on two technical dates, three if you count the studio later on today.

"Alone?"

"Alone," she confirmed.

"Looks like the two of you can-"

Selene pushed him softly before he could even finish the sentence. "Shut up. We're just working on his album."

It didn't take long for her to get on the last page of the paper. Her eyes widened as she saw the names on the sheet. Lizzo, Anderson Paak, and Paul McCartney.