Chapter-34

Jon's POV

What..........the fuck? Did I hear that right? Or did she mean 'carry me'? Maybe she wants to use the bathroom? I definitely might've misheard it. There is no way Emma would want to marry me. I mean......does she really want me? It's decided. She said 'carry me', she definitely wants to use the bathroom.

"You wanna pee?" I ask.

"Huh, what?"

"What?"

"Pee?"

"Do you?"

"Ughhhh what are you talking about Jon. Why would I wanna pee now?"

"Why else would you want me to carry you?" At this, she started laughing her ass off. She leaned against my chest holding her stomach, whilst laughing hard. Where as I, on the other hand was confused as fuck. Does she wanna pee or no?

"Why are you laughing?" I whine. Her laughter dies out and she looks at me with a soft smile. She cups my cheek and gives me a mind blowing kiss. Once she pulls away, she looks intently into my eyes and says,

"I said to marry me, dummy." She whispers.

Holy cow!

"Are you serious?" I ask astounded. Is she really ready to spend the rest of her life with me? Even after knowing about my past? Isn't she gonna judge me? Isn't she gonna say how big of a loser I am?

"Yes. When I heard those gunshots in the grocery store, I thought it would be my last day in this world, I thought I'd never see you again. That's when I realized that I don't want anything more in life than spending it with you. I want to have a family with you, I want to carry your children in me, I want to grow old with you. You're my life now Jon, and I wouldn't trade it for the world." She says, tears rolling down her cheeks. I was at lose of words. No one had ever, said anything so meaningful to me in my whole life, I never felt so needed, so loved. I brush her tears away and kiss her forehead.

"I love you so much Emmy. I want to grow old with you too. So.........will you marry me?" I ask sheepishly. Well, technically Emmy proposed to me first, but why break tradition?

"Yes." She says giggling, pulling me closer by my shirt to kiss me. We make out for a couple of minutes, till Emma pulls away holding her ear.

"What hap-" I stop talking midway when I see blood in her hands. I tilt her head and see that her left ear is bleeding, the doctor did tell me that her nose and ears will be bleeding quite often.

"What's happening?" She asks, panicking. I press the button beside the bed to call the nurse and get her cleaned up.

"It's alright baby, the nurse is coming soon." I say as I take a couple of tissues and hold it against her ear to stop the bleeding. A few minutes later the nurse comes in to check on Emma. After cleaning her up, I put Emma to sleep, she'd been awake for around 3 hours because of which she was exhausted now. I bring the sheet till her chin and gently stroke her arms. It's been quite some time here in the hospital, and the doctor has given me the green light to take her home. We'll be going home tomorrow.

"Oh my Gosh you brought Oreo and Tony here too?" Emma asks, gasping as I help her enter into my apartment. We decided it would be better if Emma moved in to my apartment, since her place is much smaller and inconvenient. My apartment might be bland and boring but it is spacious as hell.

"Well, I thought you'd miss them." I say as I take the bag of medications to my room. When I go to the living room, I see Oreo lying on Emmy's lap while Tony is lying by her feet. Looks like someone missed their mommy.