~~~~

"Where am I?"

"Welcome back to Hell Finn! You're back despite your best efforts to escape me."

"Wait what?! How can I be back in Hell? I destroyed that crystal. You shouldn't be able to come to the mortal realm!"

"Looks like your memory is taking a minute to process. Your brain does have to reload all your memories without the shard. It might take a few days before you're back to normal."

"You said you would imbed the soul shard within me? Am I now more permanently bound to this realm?"

"You agreed to my deal Finn, so don't act surprised that I have to keep you on a shorter leash. After teaching you, my power was reduced and given to you. I can no longer go up to the mortal realm and reap souls, that's your job. I can't simply destroy you because that power has to transferred into a different willing soul."

"So you're saying that as long as no one wants the job, I'm stuck with it?"

"That is what you agreed to, and even if you find a willing soul, your soul is bound to Hell. I told you before, your soul will never pass into the great beyond."

"Damn, why did I ever agree to this?"

"Because you were a child Finn. A child who died doing what they loved: being a hero. You wanted to do what you thought you were destined to do. I tried to dissuade you, but you cannot stop a freight train so easily."

"Where is the shard? Is it my brain, so I'll feel pain if I try and remove it?"

"Even though I planned on putting a shard in you, there has been a complication."

"What kind of complication?"

"Well, you actually don't have a soul shard right now. You're right now just attached to the Dark Shard. I can't attach your soul to another shard. Something has corrupted either your soul or the vessel, and never has a soul corrupted."

"How could I be corrupted? That makes no sense, I'm the same Finn that you originally trained without a soul. Nothing has changed."

"Like I said before, the reason your memory decline was so fast and extreme is because of your sword."

"Where is my sword?"

"It's somewhere else after I sensed evil presence within its core, well the entire blade now."

"It's just a demon blood sword. It shouldn't be evil, this is Hell after all."

"You are right, we have demons, but those are on a different Death world."

"Death world?"

"Yes Finn, there are several of them. Different souls at different points of death exist in the different worlds. New souls arrive at the seventh Death world. Then as they age, they slowly go up the worlds until they reach the greater beyond."

"Oh, that's interesting."

"Yes, but that's besides the point. We're right now in the first Death world, one step away from the greater beyond; however, we do not have demons here, they exist lower in worlds four or five."