Death

"Well Finn, it took you long enough. I'm glad you've finally come to your senses and come back to me. Is it because you started to lose your memory?"

"Who is Finn, and who the FUCK are you?"

"Looks like your memory is worse than I expected. When you destroyed the crystal, I knew you would lose your memory of what you were, but not who you were entirely. No matter, I have your soul here; I can easily get you back up to speed."

"Answer me fuck face, who are you?"

"Woah, quite vulgar today, aren't we?"

"Answer my goddamn question!"

"Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today."

"No more joking. I want answers now! I want to know where the hell I am, and how do go home."

"Well, you got one thing right. Welcome to Hell! I figured you would know where you were going since you came here."

"No, some old fucker and a fire girl sent me here. I was about to decapitate them when I was sent here."

"Ah, right. Well, I can see you are not in a pleasant mood right now, but answers you shall receive. Just follow me, and I everything will be made clear."

"Why should I trust you?"

"You don't really have a reason to trust me. I am the living embodiment of Death, so that's something to consider. I guess your reason to trust me is I can offer you answers, and where else are you going to go? You have no idea what's going on! Your brain was thrown in a blender, and every minute things are getting fuzzier and more distant, aren't they? Does the world feel like it's constantly spinning?"

"It does, but really slowly."

"Perfect, your mental liquification is going along well, now, let's fix it or else I will have no-one to go reap souls for me. I still need someone to do your job after all."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Can I please just get some fucking answers so I can go home?!"

"Yes, yes. Sorry for keeping you waiting. Come, we are going to the Dark Shard."

"What's there?"

"I'll show you, now we haven't much time left, so hurry along"

~~~~

"So what's this dark thing again?"

"Like I said before, it's a soul shard. We collect these and attach them to souls. Luckily for you, they do not store souls, but simply are a bridge to them. You had one, then you shattered it. Oh well, I figured you'd eventually want to break free; after all, I did send you after people close to you to test you loyalty. You lasted longer than I thought too."

"You lost me again."

"Basically, I will connect that shard to your soul, then you'll regain your memory again. The problem is with soul shards, is if you are without one for too long, you start loosing every part of yourself. You're in the phase of extreme memory loss. Soon, you'll start to lose control of your entire self and become no more than a husk. This process has sped up since of your sword."

"My sword? How could that be. It's just a normal sword."

"Not really, but I'll explain in a minute. This time, I'm going to imbed that soul shard within your core, so that you won't be able to break free so easily next time."