Further Down

I woke up shirtless on my bed, head burning. Glob, this is the worst headache I've ever experienced. I remember trying to kill Flame King. I was watching him die, but I was consumed by heat. I blacked out before I could finish the job, how did I even end up here? There were scorch marks all around the room. I looked over to my bedside table, and I saw a glass of water. There were singed footprints all around the floor. As I was trying to wrap my head around all this confusion, a loud crash came from the kitchen.

I grabbed my knife from my secret pocket and crept down the ladder. I was careful not to make a sound. Whoever was here knew I was asleep. I reached the next level and carefully jumped to the ground. I looked over to the kitchen and I couldn't believe my eyes. There was Flame Princess stooped over picking up pots and pans that had fallen from the ceiling. I guess she accidentally knocked them over, the holder is quite finicky sometimes. Wait a minute! Why in Hell's name is she here?! I put away my knife and carefully crept closer. I didn't want to startle her, so I gently spoke. I don't want her to set this place on fire.

"H-Hey FP, whatcha doin' here?"

"Oh! Finn, you startled me a bit. I didn't hear you get out of bed. Oh did I wake you? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to knock these down. I was just looking for something for you to eat."

"You didn't answer my question. Why are you here? With me especially?"

"Well, why do you think I'm here? You didn't magically get home on your own."

"Actually, that happens more than you would think it does. Also, how could you have brought me home. I would be burned and you were trapped in the lantern."

"You didn't kill my father, which is unfortunate, but you incapacitated him enough for his curse on the lantern weaken enough for me to escape. I carried you home after you passed out."

"What about Jake?"

"HIs body is safely stored in a different kingdom. I know you didn't mean to kill him, but you won't be allowed to know where he is being kept. He will be buried under the tree, don't worry about that."

"How do you know I didn't mean to kill him? How do you know I'm not evil? I killed your brother, remember? I could be ready to kill you right now. You didn't remove any of my blades. Also, why the fuck am I shirtless?"

"Woah, calm down there Finn. I'll answer your questions, but sit down please. You're scaring me."

"Sorry. Sorry, I'm just really on edge right now. Everything is blurry, and nothing has an answer."

"You're shirtless because your internal body temperature was way higher than what it normally is."

"How do you know my internal body temperature."

"I'm a fire elemental dummy head. I could read your body temp when we were dating and now, it was too high to be considered safe. I'm guessing your sword tried to absorb my father's energy since he's evil."

"Why would you think my sword would want to absorb you father's evil energy?"

"Your sword is cursed of course. It surprises me that you don't think so. I mean, look at it! It was once red right? Plus, look at yourself, you're not the same Finn I used to know."

I ran to the bathroom and looked into the mirror. What I saw didn't look like me. I know I'm looking at myself, yet I can't recognize the face that I'm staring at. I can't believe it. I thought the last changes I saw were drastic, but I'm almost a completely different person. My hair has darkened into a jet black, plus my pupils have blended into my irises completely. I mean I looked ripped yesterday, but not like this. It looks like I've been building this frame for years. I feel stronger than ever. I have to go find my sword.