Explanations

"I don't know why I'd think you would remember a thing. Now, if you could kindly remove your sword from my neck, I will explain everything."

"How can I trust you? What makes me think you aren't going to immediately request backup to come arrest me?"

"Because you are wielding a sword that could kill me faster than I could make a peep. I know how skilled you are, I'm not an idiot." She kept talking down to me like I was just a child. Someone who could easily be pushed around.

"Fine, now can you explain all of this...quickly please?!"

"Calm down... Calm down. What do you last remember before all of this nonsense?"

"All I can remember is the past five years of my life slaying enemies. That's all I can recall. Why can't I remember?!"

"It's okay Finn. Calm down, take a deep breath. Here drink this, it'll help." She sounded just like mom used to when I scrapped my knee or things didn't go my way.

"What is it? I'm not drinking some mystery liquid."

"It's chamomile tea, it'll help you relax, now stop asking questions. Clear your mind and think." 

"I remember something! Billy and I were collecting all the gems in all the princesses crowns. I remember he was the Lich all along. Jake and I followed him through the portal. I don't remember anything after that, it's all blank. Why can I only remember to there? That was so long ago, I was like 15 then. I'm 25 now! How did I disappear for 5 years and not remember a single thing from then or my past!"

"Death really did one on you. I guess it's time you learned the truth, but you won't like it."

"I need to know what happened. How did I change? And how do you know everything? Why have you kept everything from me?"

"All in due time. Now shut up, so I can answer all your questions."

"Fine..."

"It all goes back to that night. The Lich used you to collect all the gems of power to open the enchiridion to the multiverse. He opened a portal to Prismo's time room, so he could wish all of life away..."

~~~~

"I wish for the exti-"

"Nooooooo!!!"

I jumped off the ledge towards the ledge. I pulled my sword out my backpack and aimed towards towards the Lich's heart. I don't care if this kills me, I will stop him at all costs. 

"-nction of all li-"

He couldn't finish whatever we was doing. I had plunged my blade deep within his core. It was over. He was going to die here.

The Lich looked deep into my eyes. His voice oozing with confidence. "Child, what have you done? This isn't the end Finn. You may have slain my body, but I will not die. The only one who will die today is you."

I tried to move out of his reach, put the Lich pulled me closer to his face. He looked at me with those soulless eyes. I tried to scream, but I couldn't move. I felt so cold. I couldn't move, I tried to make a single noise, but my mouth stayed agape. I felt him squeezing my body hard. It felt as if he was pushing the soul out of my body. My vision began to go blurry. I was loosing consciousness. I tried to hold on as best I could. I saw his body begin to evaporate into mist, but he continued to squeeze. Before I could see the rest of his body disappear, my vison disappeared. I felt myself fading away.

"Hello Finn. It's time to wake up now."

"Hmmmm? Wha-? Where am I? Where's Jake?"

"That is all behind you Finn. Come with me, we have work to do. We have to go at once."