I heard the tone in her voice harden before she says.

"I understand loud and clear. I was just another woman to warm your bed until you were ready for the next thing. I'm guessing there's already someone else. Bye don't call me again.."

"I won't. Bye."

What was that? I thought it would go smoother than how it went. Well at least it's over now, I ended it. Ashley sounded like she wasn't ready. But I never gave her the impression she was my permanent plaything. I need to block her number in case she decides to act hysterical. I did, blocking her from my contacts then delete her number.

Now I can finally have lunch. I wonder if Zina had lunch already. She should have with Seline. I exit my office towards my private elevator. When I enter I send Zina a message. Typing. Did you have lunch yet?

I waited a few minutes before she answers. I'm eating it right now with Seline. Did you eat lunch yet?

I text her. No yot yet. I'm going to the food court now. What did you do today little one?

Zina sends me. I watched TV, then read The Fault in Our Stars. I'm halfway through now. I really like it.

I reply. Really? Zina did you know there's a movie made based on the book? Want to watch it when I come home?

No way. I do but only after I finish reading the book. I don't want to spoil the ending.

She made a good point. I exit the elevator. Employees said hello or nod as I pass. I nod too. I wish Zina was here. I've gotten used to eating with her. I could end my day, and work the rest from home. It's my company. Should I? I'm going to. It's so easy to make up my mind when Zina is involved. I'll let Olive know before I leave.

I call her office number. Olive picks up.

"Hello, Mr. King."

"Ms. Reed I'll working the rest of the day from home. If I'm needed to direct my calls to the vice president. Reschedule any appointments I had for the soonest opening. Have a good day."

"Will do Mr. King. Enjoy the rest of your day."

We hang up. I totally forgot something. Right, I should have given her a heads up if Ashley calls again, to not tell her I went home. Ashley wouldn't call, right? Hopefully. I shouldn't worry about her anymore.

I send Richard a text that he can end his day. I have a private underground garage underneath my building. Three of my cars are kept there for days like these. I go back to my elevator to head down to B1. I get in the range rover and drive out onto the main road. Zina is going to be surprised.
....

Meanwhile, fifteen minutes later Zina heard the doorbell ring. Zina stops reading to see if Seline would get it. She didn't see her.

The bell rings again. Who could it be? Should I get it? Mathias didn't say I couldn't. It should be okay. Let me mark my page. while I grab my phone the bell goes off again. Whoever it is must be impatient.

I go to the front doors and open the left. Outside there is a tall brunette. She's impeccably dressed in Jeans an oversized coat and heels with the cutest purse. She's pretty. Who is she?

"Who are you?"

The brunette asks. I want to ask the same thing. I don't. I stare up at her. She's taller than me. She looks about 5'8. Honestly, everyone is taller than me.

"Excuse me I just asked you a question."

She's very rude. I take that back, not pretty. Her personality makes her less attractive. I hear movement behind me. Seline comes over.