PREFFERED PATHWAY

Choose your preferred pathway to become a pilot.

There's no one straight path to becoming a pilot in the Philippines.

Here's a summary of the licenses you must earn first before you get to the top:

Student Pilot License – is the license issued to beginners who are still in the earliest stages of pilot training.
*16 years old is the minimum age

Private Pilot License – enables you to fly solo or fly passengers/cargo without any compensation.

Commercial Pilot License – gives you permission to fly a plane as a paid professional.

Airline Transport Pilot License – considered as the highest civilian license that will allow you to fly passenger airlines.

A. Enroll in a flight school.

ー Most flying schools in the Philippines offer some or all of the following pilot courses:

• Private Pilot License Training Program.
• Instrument Rating Training Program.
• Multi-Engine Training Program.
• Commercial Pilot License with Instrument Rating.
• Commercial Pilot License with Multi-Engine and Instrument Rating.

B. Finish an aviation-related college degree program.

ー Some of the degree programs related to aviation that you can take prior to enrolling in a flight school include, but not limited to, the following:

• BS Aviation Major in Commercial Flying
• BS Aviation Major in Aviation Management
• BS Aeronautical Engineering
• BS Aircraft Maintenance Technology

C. Be qualified in an airline cadet pilot program.

ー A cadet pilot program is basically a scholarship offered by airlines to meet their increasing demands for pilots. This is ideal for those who can't afford a pilot course. The airline will shoulder all expenses and a job is guaranteed after you complete the training.

D. Join the military and become a Philippine Air Force pilot.

ー There are two key paths to get the training and licenses you need to become a commercial airline pilot in the Philippines.

ー To become an Air Force pilot, you have two options:

• Enter the Philippine Military Academy (PMA) with the Air Force as your branch of service. You must be at least 17 years old to be qualified in PMA.

• Complete a four-year college degree program (courses in chemistry, physics, engineering, or computer science are preferred) and then apply with the Philippine Air Force Officer Candidate School. Getting into this school will then help you enter the Philippine Air Force Flying School.

———

A/N: In Senior High strand, you should choose the STEM.