ch1. His Amaryllis

Start from the beginning

I am so damn curious about what the heck is going on?!

"I want to know!" I walked toward them. "What are you hiding? And who is your sister? Why would he take me away from you!" I demanded looking at them. My mother looked at me and cried, she had a broken look. Dad had the same look too. They had no choice but to tell me...

"When Jeremy and I came back from our honeymoon, on the way... there was an accident. Two cars crashed. We went for help and found a lady in the driving seat. She was bleeding so badly, her child was sitting on a baby chair. The baby was only four months at the time. The lady told me to rescue the baby, and I did." Mom told me, it was the first time I hear this story from her. "She begged us to save the baby, that she will come back for her baby." Dad said, "but she couldn't come back, she was locked in her room for two years before one of the house guards killed her after she tried to escape." Dominic continued the story, I was so confused. My head was spinning. "That baby is me?" I asked them, the air wasn't going into my lungs, I tried to breathe... it didn't work.

"We didn't want to tell you, because we raised you as... you are our daughter," Dad said having tears in his eyes. "You are our daughter and you will always be.." my mother said as a tear slide down her face. "No, mom.. tell me you are kidding... please... COME ON! IT'S A JOKE!" I shouted then felt hands circling me. It was my mother, I collapsed to the floor with her. I cried in her chest as she patted my back. "You are my daughter, don't ever doubt that," Mom repeated in my ear.

I didn't know why I was crying, is it because of me being adopted, or because I getting divorced, or because Ashton broke my heart and disappeared, or because he accused me of marrying him for money. I couldn't tell, I was going insane. Everything coming together like a tornado.

I cried my heart out until I was left without tears. Dad and mom were hugging me when I stopped crying. Dad looked at me, "you will always be my little girl." He said looking at me sadly, "don't leave us, I beg you." My mom said as she wiped my tears. "You still love me?" I asked and they both nodded at me. "We will always love you, you are our sweet little girl," Dad said looking at me, and I felt it was true.

"I am going to freshen up," I told them as I went upstairs, I saw my brother sitting on the stairs as he cried silently. "You are my sister, you won't leave me right?" He asked me, my eyes watered again, "of course I won't leave you... you are my baby brother idiot." I hugged him tightly as he sobbed in my shirt. "Don't you dare leave me or I will play zombie without you!" He threatened me and I found myself laughing. "I wouldn't do that... and don't you dare do that!" I narrowed my eyes at him. "Pinky promise" he raised an eyebrow. I promised him.

After I washed my face, I went back to the living room to see Dominic, "I want to know everything." I started looking at him. He nodded, "of course." He patted the seat beside him. "Your mother.. my sister, her name was Dila too." He smiled sadly, "she.. looks a lot like you... same eyes..." he sighed. "She was in love with my father relevant. He was an only child and because of the war between us, your mother tried to escape to go to your father.. your grandfather found out, that she was pregnant. He was mad, he told her to have surgery to get rid of you... so she seeks for my help, I hid her away from dad and her lover. Dad thought that he took her, so he reported to the police and said that he killed her. Your father didn't take it well, he had a heart attack and they didn't save him... he was in jail and they didn't do anything." He shook his head no as he regretted it.

"When you were born, your grandfather found Dila... your mother in the hospital, he tried to kill you. He failed, he sent someone to do the job but your mother escaped from the hospital, she was driving so fast that she crashed. That day you were gone..." he looked at my parents. "I told you, we saw the car and went to help but the woman said to save her daughter. She told me two names. Dila Amaryllis, that's why we named you that. She was saying Amaryllis over and over before passing out. So we called you Dila Amaryllis, so she can find you." Dad explained. "We heard about the tragedy of Dila Vince... so we couldn't give you back. We made it look like you were born on the 16th of march, you were four months past that..." dad added.