Chapter 19

Tara

The expected day have finally arrived. My wedding day, the day I will finally become Mrs Olaosebikan. It felt like yesterday when the date was picked after we had our introduction.

I was so exhausted. I didn't get enough time to rest because my bridal shower was done till late in the night. And my beautiful sleep was disturbed by the yelling of my MUA(Makeup Artist).

"Who sleep on her wedding day duh..." My inner mind chided me

I had to get ready on time though, if I don't want to be late for the wedding since the church service is scheduled for 9am.

All through the makeup session, I was nervous and at the same time happy. The girls were there to make me laugh with their numerous gists.

Speaking of the girls, Cassandra was my chief bridesmaid, while Rose, Pamela, Catherine and my cousins from the maternal side(Arabella and Isabella) were my bridesmaids.

Arabella and Isabella were the twins of Aunt Mopelola, my mum elder sister. They were based in California, so they rarely come to Nigeria.

My mum entered after my makeup was done.

"Ladies, can you excuse us for a moment?" She asked smiling

"No problem aunt." Arabella answered

They left to the other room to continue their dressing leaving mum and I alone.

"Look at my beautiful daughter," Mum voice interrupted my thoughts..."It really felt like yesterday when I cradled you with my hands, now you are all grown up," She said wiping a little tear forming in her eyes

"Mummy stop being emotional. You wouldn't want to ruin your makeup so that Mr Banks won't look at any other lady today o," I said smiling

Truth be told, who wouldn't get emotional on her daughter's wedding day.

"He wouldn't dare do that," She interjected causing me to laugh..."So my daughter, you are going to your husband house. Put all have taught you into practice. Be submissive and respect your husband. Whenever he is angry, do your possible best to calm him because nothing good comes out when you both are angry.
Perform your wifely duties and also emulate the doings of the proverbial woman. May God help you and strengthen your home." She concluded

"Amen mum, thank you so much," I said kneeling down

"You welcome my child. Let me leave you to dress up and also be quick o," She chided

"Okay mum." I said smiling

Eric

The long awaited day is here now, my wedding day. The day I will have Omotara all to myself forever. The day we will no longer be two different individuals but one soul.

I felt nervous as I stood patiently at the altar waiting for my bride to arrive and at the same time I was happy.

I smiled as I thought about what my dad said earlier to me before we got to the church.

Flashback

"Olaitan my son...," He began..."How time flies, it felt like yesterday when your mom gave birth to you and I carried you for the first time with this my hands. I know you are a great guy and am very proud of you that you obeyed all my teachings," He paused smiling