IV. 𝐴𝑁𝑂𝑀𝐴𝐿𝑌

WC: 1,790

"Lacrimation, Bradycardia, the ingestion and desire of human nutrients..it's entirely bizarre." Carlisle sat at his desk staring at the folder he kept for me. "I don't see how Somnolence would be out of the question." He whispered to himself, his brows knitted.

"What's he sayin'?", I mumbled to Jasper. He chuckled lightly.

"You can cry, you have an abnormally slow heart rate..and you might be able to sleep.", His words drifted off with a longing tone. He wanted to sleep.

"You are an vampiric anomaly, Rose.", sighed Carlisle. He moved to get up from his desk.

"There's more." Carlisle turned to the man beside me, nodding for him to continue. "She projected." The father glanced to me, returning to his seat and began scribbling onto a new page. He nodded for Jasper to continue.

"Lacrimation. She..enabled my ability to express that emotion."

"You shed tears?" Jasper nodded. "Venom?", Carlisle asked. Jasper halted for a moment- unsure of how to respond.

"I believe so, it's the only vital fluid we possess." Carlisle hummed and continued to write in his journal.

"Rose, how did you manage to institute this?" I thought for a moment, replaying the moment in my head.

"I was holdin' him and I felt the need. I thought it was my own, which in part it was, but it was more intense; older. I suppose I willed for the emotion to be released..and it was."

"Fascinating." Carlisle continued to record the meetings accounts for a few moments before getting up from his seat. "Is that all?", he asked.

"Yes."

       He nodded in response and closed the book, placing it back onto his shelf. My eyes lingered for a moment, noticing the names on the books. There was one for each of us. All seven of the Cullens had their names plated in gold on the spines of these leather-bound volumes. I smiled when I saw mine sitting there, right after Alice and Jasper. I really was one of them now.

       Carlisle shooed us out of his office playfully, and I followed Jasper in tow. I felt happy..excited, but there was something missing. Jayne.

"Jasper?" He hummed, motioning for me to follow him up the stairs. "Jasper.", I singsonged.

"Yes..", he singsonged back, opening the door to his room.

"When can I see my aunt?" He stopped for a moment, moving to sit down on the chest in front of his bed.

"I'm not sure. I don't see how it would be a problem. It's not like you have the bloodlust." I nodded. "Do you want to go ... back home?"

"I- I would love to see her. Now that I am like this, I feel like I need to spend all the time I can with her. She won't be around forever."

"I agree." He reached forward turning over the back of my hand, pressing it to his lips. "Besides, It's not like we won't have an eternity together." His words drifted off as if he was waiting for my response; as if he was entirely unaware of how deep my feelings for him truly were.

"I would like nothing more than to spend my eternity by your side." He smiled; a small twitch of the lips, but genuine.

"Good.", he said.

         I laughed at the way he said the word. As if he was a child who was just told he could have his dessert before supper. His eyes flashed to mine and I laughed again at the mock-annoyance resting behind them.