Part 123- The Hidden Past

Drishti was now sitting on her bed, leaning against the headboard, with a soft smile on her face, lost in thought, Rakshit having left a short while ago after his Maasi had called him saying something about packing for the Mumbai trip tomorrow.

When suddenly the ringing of her phone brought her back to reality, she picked up her phone from the bed stand, chuckling with an amused smile as she saw the caller ID, picking up the call.

"Not only do the Munchkins have telepathy, but it also seems that you guys do too." Drishti said with a chuckle.

"Munchkins?" Both Abhi and Pragya asked over the phone, with amused smiles.

"Mr. Mehra is that you?" Pragya asked confused.

"Ms. Anuradha?" Abhi asked just as confused.

"See this is what I was talking about, yesterday both of you texted me at the same time to ask me how my first day went and today you guys called me at the same time." Drishti said with an amused chuckle.

"Oh really?" Both Abhi and Pragya asked surprised, at the same time, causing Drishti to laugh harder, as they chuckled.

"Okay, since you're already here Mr. Mehra, how is Priyanka doing? Did she go to bed yet?" Pragya asked caringly.

"She's fine now. But she didn't go to sleep yet. She's taking a shower, I'm waiting in her room for her to come out." Abhi informed as he impatiently and worriedly looked at the closed bathroom door at the side of Priyanka's bedroom, while sitting on her bed, she had somehow convinced him to let her out of his sight to shower.

"So it's safe to say that you won't be sending Priyanka to college tomorrow, am I right?" Pragya asked teasingly with a chuckle, causing Abhi to make a face but with a soft smile, because she was right after all, he actually wasn't going to send Priyanka to college tomorrow.

"What happened to Priyanka? Is she okay?" Drishti asked confused, genuinely concerned, even though her only interaction with Priyanka hadn't been a pleasant one.

"She's okay. But what about you? How was your second day at work?" Abhi asked curiously with a soft smile.

"Is this going to be a ritual now? Both of you are going to call me every day to ask me how my day went?" Drishti asked with a chuckle, but with teary eyes because no one had ever cared enough to ask her such things.

"Yes, of course, we'll even have a 100-day party when the time comes." Pragya said jokingly to lighten the mood, because both she and Abhi could tell that something was wrong, even only with the slightest shift in Drishti's tone.

"But what about the party you already had without us Ms. Anuradha?" Abhi asked jokingly.

"Which party was that?" Pragya asked genuinely confused.

"The party that you had today because all the kids were at your house." Abhi said jokingly.

"Hawh. Auntie that's very wrong. How can you not invite me to that?" Drishti asked in mock hurt.

"Don't worry Drishti beta you're not alone, she also didn't invite me." Abhi said in mock hurt too.

"It wasn't a party. Mr. Mehra you be quiet, let Drishti tell us how her day went." Pragya said with a soft smile, shaking her head fondly at how Abhi and Drishti had teamed up against her.

"Oh you know just the same thing... oh but I am going to Mumbai for the first time tomorrow!" Drishti said excitedly as she remembered what tomorrow was.

"Really? That's great! What for?" Both Abhi and Pragya asked at the same time smiling sheepishly as Drishti laughed out loud at their telepathy.

"For a business trip." Drishti informed.