Part 71- Cute Relationships

"Okay at least tell me where we are going now. And why did we get a cake that has 'congratulations' written on it?" Prachi asked confused, as she was sitting in the passenger seat holding a cake box, as Riya drove the car.

"Why don't you like it? Should I have told the baker to write something else? Or don't you like the flavor? I told you to pick a cake that you liked. Why did you pick a chocolate cake, if you didn't like it?" Riya asked curiously, not letting Prachi answer.

"Idiot, I never said I didn't like the cake, in fact, I love it. I'm just asking why we bought it?" Prachi asked confused.

"First of all, I'm not an idiot, so take that back." Riya said pretend offended. "And the cake is for Drishti di, in celebration of her new job." Riya said finally giving Prachi a proper answer.

"Drishti di from Diwali?" Prachi asked.

"No, Drishti di from work." Riya said sarcastically. "Of course, Drishti di from Diwali. How many other Drishti di's do you know?" Riya asked jokingly.

"Okay, I was just asking there's no need to be mean about it." Prachi said with a pretend pout. "Tell me one thing though, if the cake is for Drishti di, why did you make me pick it?" Prachi asked curiously.

"I hung up on her before she could tell me what kind of cake she likes." Riya said sheepishly.

"You're absolutely hopeless." Prachi said shaking her head.

"Hey-." Riya began to say in her defense. Prachi and Riya make small talk all the way to Drishti's house.

******
Drishti had just sat down on the sofa to relax after tidying up the house when she heard the doorbell ring.

As soon as Drishti opened the door a bunch of confetti fell on her, leaving her pleasantly surprised. When the confetti cleared Drishti saw Prachi and Riya standing outside her door, with huge smiles on their faces.

Prachi was holding a mid-sized box, while Riya was holding a small confetti canon, the cause of the confetti blast. Seeing them, Drishti smiled brightly.

"Drishti di, let it be known that I told her not to explode the confetti canon." Prachi said as she reached over to take a confetti piece out of Drishti's hair.

"What? She liked it. Didn't you Drishti di?" Riya said looking to Drishti to back her up.

"And she'll also like cleaning up the confetti mess, won't you Drishti di?" Prachi asked sarcastically, to mess with Riya.

"Will you just stand outside fighting the whole time? Come inside." Drishti said smiling brightly, pulling both of them inside by grabbing their hands.

"So you did exactly what you wanted to, didn't you Rooh?" Drishti asked with a soft smile, once they sat down on the sofa, putting the things in their hands on the table in front of them.

"Yup, I told you that you were getting a celebration and now we are having a celebration. I get what I want, always." Riya said jokingly.

"You never listen to anyone do you?" Drishti asked shaking her head.

"Yeah Drishti di, she really doesn't listen to anyone, I tell her not to drop confetti everywhere and that's exactly what she does." Prachi said in agreement, with a teasing smile.

"That's very true, this habit of hers will get her in major trouble one day." Drishti said with a chuckle.

"Oh, absolutely." Prachi said she too chuckling.

"Hey just because you guys are friends now, doesn't mean you have to turn on me." Riya said in a whiney voice.

"We're just saying the facts, aren't we Prachi?" Drishti asked teasingly looking to Prachi to back her up.