Part 36- Foreshadows

Abhi was sitting on his bed, leaning against the bed stand, he had earbuds in his eyes, and his eyes closed as tears ran down his face.

"Would you like this song, my baby?" Abhi whispered to himself, thinking out loud. He was listening to various rock songs to decide whether his other daughter would like them or not.

"I think you would." Abhi finally concluded.

"I want to know everything about you, but I can't even if I want to. I don't deserve to know after everything I have done to your mom and you." Abhi said as his tears started to fall faster than before.

"I just hope that you don't hate me. I just hope that one day you can forgive me. I just hope that one day my fuggi can forgive me. But I know I don't deserve anyone's forgiveness." Abhi said drowning in guilt.

As tears streamed down Abhi's face, he put on another rock song, looking into the dark of his room, knowing that sleep was impossible tonight.

******
Purab and Alia were in their bedroom now, getting ready for bed, while talking about Abhi. Alia had already informed Purab about how she saw Pragya come out of the storeroom and saw Abhi crying in the storeroom.

"Do you know what they talked about?" Purab asked Alia.

"Honestly I have no idea. I just saw Pragya bhabhi run out of the storeroom and found Abhi bhai crying. Abhi bhai was distraught that I didn't want to question him and make it worse." Alia told Purab, letting out a worried sigh.

"You know what? I'll just go ask him. I can't deal with all this secrecy." Purab said getting up from the bed, while Alia was standing in front of the dresser, taking off her jewelry. Purab was determined to find out what had happened.

"No Purab, don't." Alia said coming next to Purab about to hold his hand to keep him from leaving, but then stopping midway for some reason.

"Don't, Abhi bhai will tell us when he's ready. Forcing him for answers will just make everything worse." Alia elaborated.

"I guess, you're right." Purab said after a while, thinking about it.

"I always am." Alia said gloating.
"Okay now I'm going to the bathroom to change and you should do that too, both of us need to go to sleep." Alia said walking away towards the bathroom. When Alia came back, she was surprised to find Purab laying on the bed.

"What are you doing?" Alia asked Purab, confused about what was going on.

"Sleeping." Purab replied, cuddling into the bed.

"I see that. But why are you sleeping on the bed? You always sleep on the couch." Alia said now more confused, and that was true in all their years together, Purab and Alia had never shared the same bed. Purab would sleep on the couch, while Alia would sleep on the bed.

"That is because today, you are going to sleep on the couch." Purab said still laying comfortably on the bed.

"And why is that now?" Alia said now becoming annoyed at Purab's half-complete answers. She was tired and all she wanted to do was sleep.

"Because you left me all alone at the party and Mrs. Gupta ruined my sanity. So that's your punishment." Purab said now finally sitting up on the bed, looking up at Alia with a smile.

"Are you serious right now?" Alia asked Purab unbelievably.

"Yup." Purab said smiling, he was enjoying this.

"Okay then, how long do I have to sleep on the couch?" Alia asked Purab.

"I'm not sure for how long, but for tonight you're definitely sleeping on the couch, I'll see how I feel tomorrow and then decide whether or not to make you sleep on the couch." Purab said even though he knew that this was only for tonight.

"You feel extra dramatic today, don't you?" Alia said knowing that this 'punishment' was only for tonight.

"Yup." Purab said popping the 'p.'

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" Alia said pretending to be annoyed.

"Yup." Purab said giving a bright smile, he was really enjoying this.

"Ugh, you know what? Fine. I'll go sleep on the couch. I'm too tired to deal with you right now." Alia said pretending to be mad, but Purab knew that she wasn't. Once Alia had settled into the couch and turned off the light to sleep. Purab spoke once again.

"Goodnight, Aaloo." Purab said loud enough so Alia could hear, smiling.

"Goodnight, drama queen." Alia said loud enough so Purab could hear, she too smiling.

And even after their 'fight' both Purab and Alia went to sleep with smiles on their faces.

******
Elsewhere a girl was seen thrashing around in her sleep, mumbling something. That girl was none other than Drishti Sood.

"Mumma, papa, don't leave me. It's dark... I don't like the dark. Please, mumma papa... come save me. The bad... woman.. will... kill. Save me... papa, mumma... save me..." Drishti kept mumbling in her sleep, trapped in her nightmare, sweat pooling on her forehead.

******
What's going on between Alia and Purab? Is everything as good as it seems? Was Drishti's mumbling just a nightmare? Or was it an indication of something? 🤔

Please vote and comment if you liked this part!💕

Silent Readers please do vote!💕

Keep reading and stay healthy!❤

A.M.🙃